Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gabriella_1
    • By Gabriella_1 7th Feb 18, 12:28 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Gabriella_1
    Temporary public liability insurance for self-emp.
    • 7th Feb 18, 12:28 PM
    Temporary public liability insurance for self-emp. 7th Feb 18 at 12:28 PM
    I am self-emlpoyed and work part-time as a chocolatier selling mainly at events, fairs etc. I have had PL insurance for the last year as most venues require it, but since I do markets only occasionally, mainly around Christmas it seems a waste of money to have an annual insurance cover. I wondered if it is possible to insure my business temporarily for the specific dates. I have only found temporary event PL insurance, designed to cover an actual event, not a small business exhibiting at the event. Any advice or help would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance!
    Gabriella
Page 1
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 7th Feb 18, 4:55 PM
    • 20,382 Posts
    • 12,621 Thanks
    dacouch
    • 7th Feb 18, 4:55 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 4:55 PM
    Try the market traders associations, they offer cover at a very cheap price for annual cover.

It will cost you less than 100
    • ashburnham
    • By ashburnham 8th Feb 18, 9:26 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    ashburnham
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:26 AM
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:26 AM
    There are such policies that offer one off day cover for what you do. My concern would be that the premium is probably going to be at least 25 for the day/event. After 3 or so days/events, the cost is going to be similar to an annual policy.
    • BooJewels
    • By BooJewels 8th Feb 18, 9:46 AM
    • 234 Posts
    • 171 Thanks
    BooJewels
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:46 AM
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:46 AM
    For the reasons as ashburnham mentioned, I keep an annual policy as a per-event basis would soon equal it. Even though I'm not doing events at the moment, knowing I'm covered for liability and my stock all year is worth it for peace of mind.
    Last edited by BooJewels; 08-02-2018 at 9:47 AM. Reason: Was relying to a post that I'd mis-read completely, so removed that section.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,135Posts Today

7,242Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin