Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 7th Feb 18, 10:47 AM
    • 16,436Posts
    • 9,695Thanks
    motorguy
    Best / Best Value RTI Gap Insurance?
    • 7th Feb 18, 10:47 AM
    Best / Best Value RTI Gap Insurance? 7th Feb 18 at 10:47 AM
    Folks looking for recommendations on the best / best value return to invoice GAP insurance?

Picking up a new car next week, want to get it in place.

Thanks in advance.
    You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
Page 1
    • tonyh66
    • By tonyh66 7th Feb 18, 12:52 PM
    • 1,120 Posts
    • 781 Thanks
    tonyh66
    • 7th Feb 18, 12:52 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 12:52 PM
    online, look at the cashback sites (quidco, TCB) to see who is offering the most then do your quote.
    I have used ALA twice.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 7th Feb 18, 2:19 PM
    • 10,815 Posts
    • 7,661 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 7th Feb 18, 2:19 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 2:19 PM
    Folks looking for recommendations on the best / best value return to invoice GAP insurance?

Picking up a new car next week, want to get it in place.

Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by motorguy
    Usual suspects, ALA etc. The ones I've used in the past for my BMW are gapinsurance.co.uk, who were very cheap and extremely helpful, they also gave a discount for certain online car forums.

Can I ask why you're looking at RTI only, personally I'd always go for replacement cover given the ups and downs of new car prices.

Just to add, you can also do quotes for GAP insurance on a lot of the comparison sites now.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 7th Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    • 16,436 Posts
    • 9,695 Thanks
    motorguy
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    Usual suspects, ALA etc. The ones I've used in the past for my BMW are gapinsurance.co.uk, who were very cheap and extremely helpful, they also gave a discount for certain online car forums.

Can I ask why you're looking at RTI only, personally I'd always go for replacement cover given the ups and downs of new car prices.

Just to add, you can also do quotes for GAP insurance on a lot of the comparison sites now.
    Originally posted by neilmcl
    Indeed - i've subsequently "discovered" replacement cover.
    You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
    • Deneb
    • By Deneb 7th Feb 18, 8:34 PM
    • 287 Posts
    • 219 Thanks
    Deneb
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:34 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:34 PM
    I've bought replacement cover through gapinsurance.co.uk three times now. Can't comment on claims because I haven't had any, but I've found them very helpful with queries both on the phone and by email, with no sales pressure.
    • MX5huggy
    • By MX5huggy 7th Feb 18, 9:04 PM
    • 4,097 Posts
    • 2,675 Thanks
    MX5huggy
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:04 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:04 PM
    I would go RTI. Then there is no debate about equivalent model up to 5 years down the line.
    • lostinheaven
    • By lostinheaven 8th Feb 18, 1:57 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    lostinheaven
    • 8th Feb 18, 1:57 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 1:57 PM
    I would go RTI. Then there is no debate about equivalent model up to 5 years down the line.
    Originally posted by MX5huggy

The gapinsurance.co.uk Replacement GAP insurance policy pays the difference between the motor insurance payout and the higher of either the original invoice price paid or, the cost of replacing the vehicle at the time of claim with a vehicle equivalent to that which you bought originally and they'll take superseded equivalents in to account too.

If there's no equivalent vehicle available at the time of claim, the replacement vehicle value will be calculated as 110% of the original invoice price paid.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,757Posts Today

8,292Users online

Martin's Twitter