Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • g_jayne
    • By g_jayne 7th Feb 18, 10:33 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    g_jayne
    Switching current account - does it affect ISA?
    • 7th Feb 18, 10:33 AM
    Switching current account - does it affect ISA? 7th Feb 18 at 10:33 AM
    Hi everyone

Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere else in this forum, but I can't seem to find an answer to this question...

I have a current account with Lloyds Bank (this is our only current account) and also a number of Junior ISAs for our children. We have 3 children so they have one Junior ISA each which were opened by myself and my wife. They also all have a savings account each with Lloyds that were opened by their grandparents.

I am considering switching our current account to one that offers more rewards etc but wondered whether switching current account will affect these ISAs/saving accounts? My wife and I also have individual ISAs with Lloyds so I suppose the same question applies to them. Will they be able to continue with Lloyds if we have no current account with them?

I'd be grateful if someone could let me know if they have any experience of this?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Page 1
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 7th Feb 18, 11:18 AM
    • 4,029 Posts
    • 4,966 Thanks
    ColdIron
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:18 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:18 AM
    Are you looking for switching rewards? I.e. they bung you 100 or whatever for closing your old account and switching to theirs. Or are you just attracted by the features of other accounts? If the latter why not just open the new account(s) in addition to you Lloyds one. If the former you'll need to root around the T&Cs of the existing accounts for any dependencies
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,412Posts Today

6,310Users online

Martin's Twitter