Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Potbellypig
    • By Potbellypig 7th Feb 18, 9:26 AM
    • 190Posts
    • 84Thanks
    Potbellypig
    The 2 Direct Debits Thing
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:26 AM
    The 2 Direct Debits Thing 7th Feb 18 at 9:26 AM
    Switched accounts from TSB to HSBC in October last year after they offered the 150 switch deal. They said it'd take up to 50 days for the money for it to go in. I still hadn't received it yesterday so I gave them a call and was told that I wasn't eligible for it as I didn't transfer across 2 direct debits. I don't use that account for direct debits but didn't even see this stipulation when I switched.

Anyone else been a total wally and missed this, or just me?
Page 1
    • crouchmagic
    • By crouchmagic 7th Feb 18, 9:44 AM
    • 170 Posts
    • 1,491 Thanks
    crouchmagic
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:44 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:44 AM
    The vast majority of bank switches require direct debits to be switched as part of the terms..

Just take it as a lesson learnt :-)
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 7th Feb 18, 11:30 AM
    • 684 Posts
    • 433 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:30 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:30 AM
    You wouldn't have needed direct debits, if you had 2 standing orders set up.

Did you meet all these criteria?

4. We will make the Initial Offer Payment described at clause 5, and provide access to a 0% interest overdraft on your Eligible Account as described at clause 7, if you comply with all the following requirements, namely:

a. you apply for an Eligible Account from 13 September 2017 up to 26 November 2017 and such account is subsequently opened;

b. you are not an existing HSBC current account holder on the date of application (and have not been on or after 1 January 2015)*2. If you are opening a joint Eligible Account, this requirement must be met by at least one account holder;

c. you instruct us to start a full switch of a current account, including at least two Direct Debits or Standing Orders, to your Eligible Account using the Current Account Switch Service (CASS) to start within 30 days of the date of your Eligible Account being opened. Where your existing provider is not part of CASS we will accept a paper switch (available in branch only), where there is a clear instruction to close the existing current account, within 30 days of your Eligible Account being opened. If you are opening a joint Eligible Account both account holders must do this; and

d. you continue to hold an Eligible Account on the date we make theInitial Offer Payment.
    If you did, push back. If not then make sure you read T&Cs more carefully in future.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,379Posts Today

9,027Users online

Martin's Twitter