Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • notbritishgas
    • By notbritishgas 7th Feb 18, 8:45 AM
    • 2,071Posts
    • 932Thanks
    notbritishgas
    Visit to Nottingham
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:45 AM
    Visit to Nottingham 7th Feb 18 at 8:45 AM
    Hi
    Have to visit Nottingham city centre for an appointment.

Bit unsure of driving ability in cities so was thinking of Queens Drive park and ride. Will be approaching from Grantham on A52.

Anything I should know about this plan, the fares seem reasonable.
    Do not want anything to do with trams.
    Thanks for any info.
Page 1
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 7th Feb 18, 2:35 PM
    • 10,815 Posts
    • 7,661 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 7th Feb 18, 2:35 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 2:35 PM
    Where abouts in the City do you want to be and what sort of time? You have to take a bit of a detour to get to Queens Drive if you're coming in from Grantham. You might be just as good coming in and parking at the station car park and walk from there.
    • notbritishgas
    • By notbritishgas 7th Feb 18, 3:13 PM
    • 2,071 Posts
    • 932 Thanks
    notbritishgas
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:13 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:13 PM
    Where abouts in the City do you want to be and what sort of time? You have to take a bit of a detour to get to Queens Drive if you're coming in from Grantham. You might be just as good coming in and parking at the station car park and walk from there.
    Originally posted by neilmcl
    Thanks for the reply.
    Going to Broad Street for 3pm.
    Do not really mind the detour to Queens drive if it is easy to get to. Is it on the ring road?
    It is many many years (30 at least) since I last drove into the city, that was before bus lanes and trams, but after trolley buses , so do not really want to.
    How busy are Queens drive and the Station?
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 7th Feb 18, 7:56 PM
    • 10,815 Posts
    • 7,661 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 7th Feb 18, 7:56 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 7:56 PM
    Depending on the day both car par parks would be busy but you're pretty much guaranteed to get a space at the park & ride. If you don't mind the detour then take the P&R, then bus into the city. Take the first exit at the Gamston roundabout to continue on the A52 rather than carrying on West Bridgford and follow the signs to the P&R along Clifton Blvd, it's just of the ring road. I assume you have sat nav.
    • notbritishgas
    • By notbritishgas 8th Feb 18, 6:22 AM
    • 2,071 Posts
    • 932 Thanks
    notbritishgas
    • 8th Feb 18, 6:22 AM
    • 8th Feb 18, 6:22 AM
    Thanks Neil.
    I know I am a village wimp but you have reassured me that I can cope with the P&R.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,780Posts Today

8,242Users online

Martin's Twitter