Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • louiemiro
    • By louiemiro 6th Feb 18, 11:09 PM
    • 32Posts
    • 17Thanks
    louiemiro
    UKPCM PCN "Outside of Marked Bay"
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:09 PM
    UKPCM PCN "Outside of Marked Bay" 6th Feb 18 at 11:09 PM
    Hello. I've scoured some, but not found any threads on this.
    in mid Jan got a UKCPM PCN stuck to car, in a carpark outside Halfords, Pavilion Retail Park, Brighton, BN2 3QA. This is a site with no overhead cameras as far as can be seen.

Sadly, before leaving foolishly someone didn't read that the ticket was for parking "outside of a marked bay".
    That someone had looked at the ticket for a long time at home, realising that the times observed and times of issue were well within the allowed stay time, and concluded.... They've made a boo boo!
    Then "someone" saw that they weren't issuing for being over time, but for parking "outside of a marked bay". This flabbergasted all concerned as "someone" is usually a stickler for being IN a bay.
    The carpark was almost completely empty when car arrived (a sunday) and someone may not have been absolutely perfectly careful about exact position as someone usually is... but likely no more than a fraction of an inch here perhaps in an almost completely empty car park? Come on!?

Later saw the reason for issue at home, and realised someone hadn't photos of the exact position of the car before someone had driven it away.

Someone is Sure the car WAS in a bay, or if not, was only slightly out, AND there was (we have images for proof) a long and 18" wide strip of concrete "bandage" over one of the lines of the bay (which obscured the line). that someone is sure they parked in.

Someone's (rarely attached) cycle rack could have been sticking out the back of the bay a bit they suppose, but cycle racks on cars? do people get tickets for those?

Someone went in the Halfords on the Monday, they said they couldn't have the company recind the ticket, but they kindly checked their security (not parking) CCTV camera (A low level cam within which said car sadly juuust didn't feature in at the angle it was on their building ) to try to provide me with evidence (a print-out of a screenshot) of the driver's correct parking. They couldn't. They showed the best shot their cam could offer, and the car was just out of it's angle of view.

So... The only evidence therefore of the car being, or not being, over any lines must be held by any hand held camera of this seemingly overzealous attendant IF he/she had one, held it, pointed it and used it.

This evidence hasn't been presented yet (If it exists)
    Doth one ignore, or send an appeal? If so... does the someone write a letter... or use their appeals process?

Sorry if this asks ALL the same questions as in other threads, someone is green and have no real experience fighting appeals.

Thanks in advance. Happy to be shouted at and treated as a child. Go.
    Last edited by louiemiro; 07-02-2018 at 8:55 AM.
Page 4
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Apr 19, 9:50 PM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,988 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Its been signed GS! (who is this person!!!??)
    Normal for solicitor firms not to sign in person. Why do so many people not know this?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • rachity
    • By rachity 14th Apr 19, 5:08 AM
    • 100 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    rachity
    3.10 A legal representative who signs a statement of truth must sign in his own name and not that of his firm or employer.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part22/pd_part22
    CAVEAT LECTOR
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 14th Apr 19, 8:43 AM
    • 3,564 Posts
    • 5,524 Thanks
    fisherjim
    3.10 A legal representative who signs a statement of truth must sign in his own name and not that of his firm or employer.

Originally posted by rachity

I didn't see where the OP said they had received "a statement of truth"!
    • rachity
    • By rachity 14th Apr 19, 11:18 AM
    • 100 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    rachity
    I didn't see where the OP said they had received "a statement of truth"!
    Originally posted by fisherjim

I'm not sure what you mean by this, fisherjim.
    CAVEAT LECTOR
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 14th Apr 19, 1:31 PM
    • 3,564 Posts
    • 5,524 Thanks
    fisherjim
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, fisherjim.

Well CM said they don't need a solicitor to sign their name on the document received:
    Normal for solicitor firms not to sign in person. Why do so many people not know this?
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad

You intimated that wasn't correct and gave a link to something that wasn't in my view relevant.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Apr 19, 1:38 PM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,988 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    We know that. I quoted it only yesterday in a case about a claim form.

This poster on the other hand, was talking about an ordinary letter.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • rachity
    • By rachity 15th Apr 19, 7:46 PM
    • 100 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    rachity
    Have submitted defence, and had it acknowledged by Court.

UKCPM have now (via Gladstones) sent me their next letter telling me they intend to proceed with the claim, and enclosed a copy of their Directions Questionnaire "which will be filed with the court iopon their request"
    As predicted... they're saying they're requesting a non oral hearing, that they're not willing to go to mediation and offering me a chance to make any "genuine payment proposals"!!

Its been signed GS! (who is this person!!!??)

I have filed it and await the court's copy etc.

Anything I should be thinking about?

Many thanks all.
    Originally posted by louiemiro
    We know that. I quoted it only yesterday in a case about a claim form.

This poster on the other hand, was talking about an ordinary letter.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad

A bit ambiguous?
    CAVEAT LECTOR
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Apr 19, 7:54 PM
    • 38,658 Posts
    • 22,598 Thanks
    Quentin
    A bit ambiguous?
    Mmmm

All a bit worrying!!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Apr 19, 2:02 PM
    • 70,394 Posts
    • 82,988 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes indeed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,398Posts Today

7,037Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin