Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • daveyboy1949
    • By daveyboy1949 6th Feb 18, 11:06 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    daveyboy1949
    Advice & Recomendations required
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:06 PM
    Advice & Recomendations required 6th Feb 18 at 11:06 PM
    Hi I'm not sure where to write this post but here goes. Has anyone gone down the no win no fee for an accident claim? If so would you recommend the Company you dealt with and what proportion of the claim did they keep?
    I am recovering from a fall into a road works hole which resulted in a compound fracture to the ankle. The narrow continual channel had flimsy plastic barriers to stop the public accessing the area but some kind soul had moved them to take a shortcut. The barriers should have been of a more sturdy type that is bolted together to stop this happening. Ok I accept partial responsibility but feel there is room for a complaint and compensation. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks for reading.
    Dave
Page 1
    • Greta Sharbo
    • By Greta Sharbo 7th Feb 18, 6:58 AM
    • 180 Posts
    • 197 Thanks
    Greta Sharbo
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:58 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:58 AM
    What happened when you made the complaint?
    • paddyandstumpy
    • By paddyandstumpy 7th Feb 18, 8:02 AM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 509 Thanks
    paddyandstumpy
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:02 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:02 AM
    So someone moves a barrier to create a shortcut, I presume you then used that shortcut and now want compensayshun for being a plank?
    • ThumbRemote
    • By ThumbRemote 7th Feb 18, 9:52 AM
    • 3,883 Posts
    • 4,938 Thanks
    ThumbRemote
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:52 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:52 AM
    You're almost certainly not going to get any worthwhile advice here. Unfortunately on these boards many of the regular contributors are only interested in blaming the poster, as has already been shown.

You may find better advice asking in any local Facebook groups.
    • stuartJo1989
    • By stuartJo1989 7th Feb 18, 10:38 AM
    • 446 Posts
    • 476 Thanks
    stuartJo1989
    • 7th Feb 18, 10:38 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 10:38 AM
    You're almost certainly not going to get any worthwhile advice here. Unfortunately on these boards many of the regular contributors are only interested in blaming the poster, as has already been shown.

You may find better advice asking in any local Facebook groups.
    Originally posted by ThumbRemote
    Well, OP admitted that they were "partially responsible", so it isn't unfair to blame OP to a degree.

It is actually helpful to "blame" the OP here because they'll get an understanding of how third parties may view this whole scenario. Including no win, no fee companies who may not pick up the case if it doesn't look viable.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 7th Feb 18, 12:14 PM
    • 8,338 Posts
    • 6,159 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 7th Feb 18, 12:14 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 12:14 PM
    Check if you have any legal cover on your home insurance or union membership?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,438Posts Today

8,011Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin