Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SSW74
    • By SSW74 6th Feb 18, 8:59 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SSW74
    Freemans PPI question
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:59 PM
    Freemans PPI question 6th Feb 18 at 8:59 PM
    Hello
    Looking for some advice about my PPI claim with Freemans. Basically I had a catalogue from 97 for 10 years and only recently found out that PPI had been applied to the account. I called them up and started a complaint and was eventually sent their standard letter of decline. I wrote back saying I was very unhappy with the response and wanted the details of the policy.
    They wrote back saying that they didnít have any information about the policy i.e. name of insurance company and that this would be their final response.
    My question is basically can I go back to them with new information for my claim once I have had the final response?
    I had thought I had been working over 16 hrs at the time of PPI sale but now realise I wasn't and was also a ft student at university. Im pretty sure the policy wasn't appropriate for my circumstances and need to update Freemans with this information.

L
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 6th Feb 18, 10:27 PM
    • 19,999 Posts
    • 10,980 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:27 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:27 PM
    There is no "standard letter" declining complaints. The letter template you will have been sent will have responded to the specific complaint reasons you gave. Your complaint that you didn't know you had PPI (for ten years) was very weak considering that every statement you received (120 of them) would have itemised the PPI on a separate line.

From what you say, you don't actually have new evidence to present to them. Just a different complaint reason.

Expect them to send you a different template letter similarly declining your complaint. Are you trying to tell them truthfully that you worked for less than 16 hours per week for the whole decade you had PPI?
    • SSW74
    • By SSW74 7th Feb 18, 9:58 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SSW74
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:58 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:58 AM
    Im trying to prove that at the time I took my catalogue I was a ft student and working less than 16 hours so if that makes me ineligible to make a claim then why would I have signed up for the policy?
    Im sorry if me not knowing is a weak excuse but I think we can see from this website how many other people also were in this position.
    Also I think the excuse that they don't know who was supplying them with insurance policies 20 years ago is laughable.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 7th Feb 18, 11:13 AM
    • 5,187 Posts
    • 5,717 Thanks
    societys child
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:13 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:13 AM
    Also I think the excuse that they don't know who was supplying them with insurance policies 20 years ago is laughable.
    Why? They may have had any number of companies available to them.

I've no idea who I insured my car or home and contents with 20 years ago and doubt I cold find any paperwork.

• sharonc1
    • By sharonc1 23rd Feb 18, 10:19 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sharonc1
    • 23rd Feb 18, 10:19 PM
    • 23rd Feb 18, 10:19 PM
    I was just wondering if there is still a time bracket of after 2005 to try and reclaim ppi on catalogue accounts
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

137Posts Today

1,358Users online

Martin's Twitter