Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ccisoff
    • By ccisoff 6th Feb 18, 8:40 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    ccisoff
    no claim discount after 1-year driving
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:40 PM
    no claim discount after 1-year driving 6th Feb 18 at 8:40 PM
    Dear all,

I am a new driver who just finished the first year of driving after getting my license last year. I was asking for no claim discount proof from my current insurer LV=. But surprisingly, the proof says I have 65%(2 years) no claim discount. Do you have any idea about what's going on here? I thought I will only get 1 year no claim discount after 1-year of driving. In the initial policy taken last year, it did say there is a 47.5% introductory no claim discount applied.

Many thanks for your help.
Page 1
    • Sparx
    • By Sparx 6th Feb 18, 10:44 PM
    • 893 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    Sparx
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:44 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:44 PM
    No idea - ring LV and ask? You don't want to declare 2yr NCB when you only have 1yr driving experience. It would likely flag up on other insurance quotes when you put in that information anyway.
    • AstroTurtle
    • By AstroTurtle 7th Feb 18, 1:09 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 536 Thanks
    AstroTurtle
    • 7th Feb 18, 1:09 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 1:09 PM
    It is probably a introductory discount they applied as a promotion.

Check to see if that NCD is useable elsewhere or just applies to LV only
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

84Posts Today

1,980Users online

Martin's Twitter