Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • caldi9
    • By caldi9 6th Feb 18, 6:54 PM
    • 52Posts
    • 0Thanks
    caldi9
    Experience with Interactive Brokers SIPP
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:54 PM
    Experience with Interactive Brokers SIPP 6th Feb 18 at 6:54 PM
    Good evening,

has anyone had any experience with a SIPP that is indirectly managed through Interactive Brokers? There is dedicated administrators IB list:

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=1228

Thanks
Page 1
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 6th Feb 18, 8:19 PM
    • 4,261 Posts
    • 5,393 Thanks
    ColdIron
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:19 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:19 PM
    A brief glance and they look like a CFD/options setup, I won't be banking my retirement on them. Why would you use an outfit like this when there are many well established and mainstream providers to choose from?
    • Note: Interactive Brokers (UK) Limited does not support SIPP accounts directly, rather only through one of our pre approved SIPP Administrators
    • caldi9
    • By caldi9 6th Feb 18, 9:05 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    caldi9
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:05 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:05 PM
    Because I mainly invest in stocks, in particular non-sterling ones and I will not pay some provider 1.5-2% for FX.
    • EdSwippet
    • By EdSwippet 6th Feb 18, 9:33 PM
    • 714 Posts
    • 666 Thanks
    EdSwippet
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:33 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:33 PM
    A brief glance and they look like a CFD/options setup, I won't be banking my retirement on them.
    Originally posted by ColdIron
    Beneath the somewhat over-glamorous web site, Interactive Brokers are actually a decent, reputable and cost-effective provider for some cases where traditional mainstream providers don't work well. They are particularly useful for folk who move around between countries, and so have a good following in the expat communities.

That's not to say Interactive Brokers are necessarily particularly suitable in this case. Just that they are not anything dodgy or less than above-board. They do have a heap of add-on features that an average retail investor would probably want to ignore, but aside from those they can still be used to trade stocks and ETFs on various exchanges readily and economically.
    • caldi9
    • By caldi9 7th Feb 18, 10:27 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    caldi9
    • 7th Feb 18, 10:27 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 10:27 AM
    Thanks - anyone who has his/her SIPP through IB?
    • caldi9
    • By caldi9 7th Feb 18, 5:35 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    caldi9
    • 7th Feb 18, 5:35 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 5:35 PM
    Fwiw: fees range from 400-450 for each SIPP admin through IB. Don't see how that is competitive at all.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2Posts Today

4,325Users online

Martin's Twitter