Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RonnieJT28
    • By RonnieJT28 6th Feb 18, 6:21 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    RonnieJT28
    Problems with Experian
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:21 PM
    Problems with Experian 6th Feb 18 at 6:21 PM
    Has anyone had issues with Experian? I was a member until 2012 and have recently tried to renew my membership, it took 2 weeks and 2 x 1 hour telephone calls only to be told that my membership has been decline but they are not willing to tell me why. Nothing has changed since 2012. I was told I could pay for a 2 credit report and if I see anything that is incorrect it could they be rectified. I applied for a 2 report and now had an email from their file applications team advising that they need further information in regard to ID checks and need two ORIGINAL bank statements/utilities bills, a certified passport/driving licence and a written letter explaining why I am asking for a report. All my bank statements and utility bills are online and they will not accept printed off pdf bills. I have checked my credit report from other providers and all score high with nothing untoward. All I can see is a slight variation of my address. I am so angry! Anyone have any suggestions as to where I go from here.
    Last edited by RonnieJT28; 06-02-2018 at 6:23 PM. Reason: Missed out a line
Page 1
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 6th Feb 18, 8:52 PM
    • 2,922 Posts
    • 3,906 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:52 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:52 PM
    No need to pay 2 or a subscription fee when it's available here for free.
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub

It sounds like they are having trouble doing ID&V so you will probably need to sort that out first.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
    • RonnieJT28
    • By RonnieJT28 6th Feb 18, 9:04 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RonnieJT28
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:04 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:04 PM
    Thanks, I looked at the credit club earlier and their FAQs Under The system saysI have failed verification. Credt Club use Experian and if is an address issue Experian will not verify my identification so I will not be accepted as a member of the Credit Club - just going around in circles with no way of sorting things - frustrating!

UPDATE Just tried to join the Credit Club and got the now recognisable message from Experian to say my verification is pending further information required to verify. As I said I am going around in circles because I cant get to find out and correct the problem which Experian wont tell me what it is.
    Last edited by RonnieJT28; 06-02-2018 at 9:15 PM. Reason: Update to thread
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 6th Feb 18, 9:30 PM
    • 2,922 Posts
    • 3,906 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:30 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:30 PM
    You will need to get the certified documents sent off to them by the looks of it.

Did you use the new format of your address that you can see is different?

Utility companies should be able to send out paper copies of bills but this takes time via snail mail.
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

• RonnieJT28
    • By RonnieJT28 6th Feb 18, 10:03 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RonnieJT28
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:03 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:03 PM
    I have always used the same format, usually I type in my postcode and selected the address from the drop down menu and made sure it is correct. I have just checked on Call Credit (Noddle) and everything seems A1 also looked on CheckMyFile, it is only Experian that has the different address formats and I am listed as having 5 addresses all a variation of the same, flat name and house number in different formats and one only the house number not the name of the flat. I am sure this is the problem but why Experian and not Call Credit or Equifax I dont know. I will contact the utility companies for copies of bills and I have a certied copy of my passport - seems that is the only way forward - thank you for your help.
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 7th Feb 18, 6:16 AM
    • 2,922 Posts
    • 3,906 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:16 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:16 AM
    It seems a common problem especially with flats.

hopefully this post will help others with address formatting problems.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,368Posts Today

8,256Users online

Martin's Twitter