Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • A_T
    • By A_T 6th Feb 18, 6:10 PM
    • 392Posts
    • 241Thanks
    A_T
    Hargreaves Landsdown to "update" their website
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:10 PM
    Hargreaves Landsdown to "update" their website 6th Feb 18 at 6:10 PM
    Nothing wrong with the current one as far as I can see but hey ho lots of folk have got to justify their salaries.

http://www.hl.co.uk/about-us/hl-refresh

Got a feeling that like most "improvements" this is going to be horrible. No doubt the website will be aimed at mobile devices - like the awful Fidelity upgrade.
Page 3
    • aj23
    • By aj23 12th Feb 18, 9:54 AM
    • 340 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    aj23
    Just went on it. Preferred it before.
    • atilla
    • By atilla 12th Feb 18, 11:09 PM
    • 834 Posts
    • 708 Thanks
    atilla
    Same here, don't like the new one at all.
    • redux
    • By redux 18th Feb 18, 2:55 PM
    • 17,988 Posts
    • 23,588 Thanks
    redux
    HL website already has mobile and desktop versions, though not with much difference on the pages I've seen so far.
    Originally posted by redux
    My post a few days ago seems to have tempted fate.

About 3 days into the changes, as viewed on an Android tablet (Hudl 2), I've been default switched to mobile version and the link down the bottom of page to switch to desktop version is no longer there.

I asked about this in the secure messaging system, and so far been rather patronised by someone who evidently just doesn't believe me.

I don't need to send a screenshot, I've said, and even a find in page search has no result, so it hasn't moved, it's simply not there.

Some differences between mobile and desktop version are pretty small, but on viewing the page for a particular share, desktop has 10 years option on the chart, mobile only goes to 5, on desktop recent transactions has a button for more than just 5, and on desktop version there is a second search box at the top for only share name or code; in mobile this has to be done via the whole site search.

Anyone else got this issue of no mobile v desktop choice?
    • greenglide
    • By greenglide 18th Feb 18, 4:15 PM
    • 3,065 Posts
    • 1,992 Thanks
    greenglide
    Which browser are you using?

Normally all you would do is to use the "Request Desktop Site" or equivalent option in the browser.

I always use that in preference to the option on the page itself.
    • redux
    • By redux 18th Feb 18, 5:06 PM
    • 17,988 Posts
    • 23,588 Thanks
    redux
    Which browser are you using?

Normally all you would do is to use the "Request Desktop Site" or equivalent option in the browser.

I always use that in preference to the option on the page itself.
    Originally posted by greenglide
    Opera, Opera Mini, Chrome, Puffin

Even setting the browser to request desktop site does not help.
    • dividendhero
    • By dividendhero 18th Feb 18, 7:13 PM
    • 188 Posts
    • 163 Thanks
    dividendhero
    I guess after Barclays shambolic website "update" I'm sure HL trod very carefully!!

Personally I preferred the old one - beyond me why companies with good websites suddenly decide to update their entire website, surely it's better just to tweak the existing one?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,301Posts Today

5,508Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin