Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Grimble
    • By Grimble 6th Feb 18, 6:06 PM
    • 410Posts
    • 490Thanks
    Grimble
    Parking Bill Comments
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:06 PM
    Parking Bill Comments 6th Feb 18 at 6:06 PM
    Dear all can I suggest we put together a list of items that need to be in his bill,
    1) No repeat ticket by ANPR until the NTK is deemed delivered."

2) NTK to be delivered by recorded post.
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 6th Feb 18, 6:32 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:32 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:32 PM
    you dont even get police tickert by recorded!!!

we want ANPR BANNING
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • bargepole
    • By bargepole 6th Feb 18, 6:47 PM
    • 2,278 Posts
    • 6,629 Thanks
    bargepole
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:47 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:47 PM
    Dear all can I suggest we put together a list of items that need to be in his bill,
    1) No repeat ticket by ANPR until the NTK is deemed delivered."

2) NTK to be delivered by recorded post.
    Originally posted by Grimble
    That sort of detail will not be in the Bill.

Those belong, if relevant, in the Code of Practice.
    Speeding cases fought: 24 (3 of mine, 21 for others). Cases won: 20. Points on licence: 0. Private Parking Court Cases: Won 33. Lost 10.
    • Ryandavis1959
    • By Ryandavis1959 6th Feb 18, 7:14 PM
    • 211 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    Ryandavis1959
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:14 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:14 PM
    When will we get a chance to see this new code of practice? That!!!8217;s where the juicy detail will be!

- Ban ANPR
    - Ban DVLA access

Job done.
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 6th Feb 18, 7:17 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:17 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:17 PM
    ban the french , ban the Australians will be a start
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 6th Feb 18, 7:27 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:27 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:27 PM
    When will we get a chance to see this new code of practice? That!!!8217;s where the juicy detail will be!

- Ban ANPR
    - Ban DVLA access

Job done.
    Originally posted by Ryandavis1959
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don!!!8217;t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.

is this applicable at say a railway car park or an airport?
    Last edited by pappa golf; 06-02-2018 at 7:30 PM.
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Ryandavis1959
    • By Ryandavis1959 6th Feb 18, 7:40 PM
    • 211 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    Ryandavis1959
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:40 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:40 PM
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don!!!8217;t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.

is this applicable at say a railway car park or an airport?
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    On Facebook “Fight your parking invoice” yesterday someone said that the owner is liable on Railway land. I’ve never looked into it. Which airport did you have in mind?
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 6th Feb 18, 8:03 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:03 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:03 PM
    ok , JLA , to start with

PS: facebook is as bad as wiki , anyone can edit and add garbage inc ex parking Co employees

how can a owner be liable to a PARKING co on railway land?

normally a person is advised to wait as close to day 28 before firing off an appeal , the idea being that if they forget to contact DVLA/send you a NTK , then they have failed at POFa
    POFa does not apply on railway land ,

therefore they are snookered , they have to go after the person you suggest naming

say nothing and they cannot do anything
    Last edited by pappa golf; 06-02-2018 at 8:12 PM.
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 7th Feb 18, 3:19 PM
    • 5,456 Posts
    • 5,573 Thanks
    StaffsSW
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:19 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:19 PM
    On Facebook “Fight your parking invoice” yesterday someone said that the owner is liable on Railway land. I’ve never looked into it. Which airport did you have in mind?
    Originally posted by Ryandavis1959
    The problem with the facebook groups is that there are far too many shouty freeman of the land wibbleheads. The helpful posts get swamped by the nonsense.

But yes, on Railway land the "owner" is indeed liable. But when you challenge them with "the V5 document does not prove ownership" argument, ZZPS, Wright Hassall, QRD all ignore that salient fact.
    That's before getting into the "only a magistrate can judge me" discussion.
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 7th Feb 18, 3:26 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    The problem with the facebook groups is that there are far too many shouty freeman of the land wibbleheads. The helpful posts get swamped by the nonsense.

But yes, on Railway land the "owner" is indeed liable. But when you challenge them with "the V5 document does not prove ownership" argument, ZZPS, Wright Hassall, QRD all ignore that salient fact.
    That's before getting into the "only a magistrate can judge me" discussion.
    Originally posted by StaffsSW

lov old bylaws , "owner" , quaint innit , almost like the days of high st banks , pub on every corner and a driving licence office to renew your little red driving licence

gone all funny now , must be an age thing
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,335Posts Today

7,829Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin