Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GSP
    • By GSP 6th Feb 18, 6:03 PM
    • 186Posts
    • 42Thanks
    GSP
    S&S ISA's - How Much Do These Pay?
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:03 PM
    S&S ISA's - How Much Do These Pay? 6th Feb 18 at 6:03 PM
    Been reading the best thing to do with your pension fund is to move it as quickly as possible into these.
    What is this product? Does it pay a regular low positive rate or open to volatile swings in the markets.
    Thanks
Page 1
    • ajbell
    • By ajbell 6th Feb 18, 6:29 PM
    • 973 Posts
    • 3,110 Thanks
    ajbell
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:29 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:29 PM
    Stocks and shares so what do you think?.
    Who said move it in to these as quickly as possible?.
    4kWp, South facing, 16 x phono solar panels, Solis inverter, Lincolnshire.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 6th Feb 18, 6:39 PM
    • 92,591 Posts
    • 59,907 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:39 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:39 PM
    Been reading the best thing to do with your pension fund is to move it as quickly as possible into these.
    Really? Where have you been reading that? Pensions beat ISAs in probably the majority of scenarios.

Does it pay a regular low positive rate or open to volatile swings in the markets.
    you can put around 30,000 different types of investments in an ISA. And a near infinite variation/combination.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • TARDIS
    • By TARDIS 6th Feb 18, 6:40 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    TARDIS
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:40 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:40 PM
    An ISA is just a tax free wrapper for stocks and shares, cash, peer to peer lending etc
    • GSP
    • By GSP 6th Feb 18, 6:46 PM
    • 186 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    GSP
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:46 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:46 PM
    Thanks for your replies.
    Jamesd suggested moving money out due to possible LTA penalties.
    • TARDIS
    • By TARDIS 6th Feb 18, 6:57 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    TARDIS
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:57 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:57 PM
    Thanks for your replies.
    Jamesd suggested moving money out due to possible LTA penalties.
    Originally posted by GSP
    Whilst im not saying that Jamesd is wrong, this may not be the best option for you. From memory I think Jamesd is a very experienced investor who has developed tax minimisation into a fine art, that most of us mere mortals would never attempt (personally the idea of VCTs terrify me)

Given the level of your initial question I think you may be someone who would benefit from seeing an IFA. If not I suggest spending a few weeks (or months) reading up on this before doing anything you may later regret.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,092Posts Today

6,947Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin