Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Charlton King
    • By Charlton King 6th Feb 18, 5:23 PM
    • 1,575Posts
    • 1,041Thanks
    Charlton King
    0 WOW
    City break flight/hotel deals?
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:23 PM
    0 WOW
    City break flight/hotel deals? 6th Feb 18 at 5:23 PM
    Looking for a flight/hotel combo deal for a weekend/midweek break in late spring or early summer. Does anyone know who offers a good choice? Maybe the budget airlines?
Page 1
    • bagand96
    • By bagand96 6th Feb 18, 5:34 PM
    • 2,854 Posts
    • 1,778 Thanks
    bagand96
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:34 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:34 PM
    Do you have any idea where you want to go?

A good place to start might be skyscanner.net You can input "Everywhere" into the destination box along with a departure airport and your dates and it will show you where you can fly to starting with the cheapest.

Once you have that you can start looking at accommodation and see if it's beneficial to book it all together or not (is there any particular reason you wish to?)
    • Charlton King
    • By Charlton King 6th Feb 18, 7:07 PM
    • 1,575 Posts
    • 1,041 Thanks
    Charlton King
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:07 PM
    Do you have any idea where you want to go?

A good place to start might be skyscanner.net You can input "Everywhere" into the destination box along with a departure airport and your dates and it will show you where you can fly to starting with the cheapest.

Once you have that you can start looking at accommodation and see if it's beneficial to book it all together or not (is there any particular reason you wish to?)
    Originally posted by bagand96
    Just thought the combination might come as a cheaper 'deal' than booking the two separately. Opne mind on destination at the moment.
    • Doshwaster
    • By Doshwaster 6th Feb 18, 7:07 PM
    • 4,809 Posts
    • 3,934 Thanks
    Doshwaster
    Looking for a flight/hotel combo deal for a weekend/midweek break in late spring or early summer. Does anyone know who offers a good choice? Maybe the budget airlines?
    Originally posted by Charlton King
    If you are close to Heathrow or Gatwick then BA City Breaks can be surprisingly good value. I've done several where the total cost wasn't much more than the flight alone. Otherwise Easyjet and the other budget carriers will be happy to sell you a hotel. All depends on what your nearby airports are.

The main limitation with city break packages is that you don't get massive choice of hotels so if you have specific requirements then it may be better just to book the flight and hotel separately.
    • greenface
    • By greenface 7th Feb 18, 12:02 AM
    • 4,651 Posts
    • 2,347 Thanks
    greenface
    • 7th Feb 18, 12:02 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 12:02 AM
    try looking at weekengo.com . never booked through them but seen good deals for weekends
    hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world
    • StaffieTerrier
    • By StaffieTerrier 7th Feb 18, 11:44 AM
    • 316 Posts
    • 536 Thanks
    StaffieTerrier
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:44 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:44 AM
    try looking at weekengo.com . never booked through them but seen good deals for weekends
    Originally posted by greenface
    I second this. You can select which airports you want to fly from.

It's also worth checking the Holiday Pirates website (https://www.holidaypirates.com/). They often have cheap deals for weekends away.
    • zappomatic
    • By zappomatic 13th Feb 18, 2:50 PM
    • 611 Posts
    • 286 Thanks
    zappomatic
    • 13th Feb 18, 2:50 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 2:50 PM
    If you are close to Heathrow or Gatwick then BA City Breaks can be surprisingly good value. I've done several where the total cost wasn't much more than the flight alone. Otherwise Easyjet and the other budget carriers will be happy to sell you a hotel. All depends on what your nearby airports are.

The main limitation with city break packages is that you don't get massive choice of hotels so if you have specific requirements then it may be better just to book the flight and hotel separately.
    Originally posted by Doshwaster
    Agreed! BA also do breaks from London City. What I really like about BA Holidays is that the prices include checked luggage, which most other providers don't include. I know you don't need to take loads with you for a city break but it's nice not to have to worry about liquids. Also the deposit required is quite low, you get bonus Avios and you can get 2% cashback from TopCashBack. On about half the trips I've done with BA Holidays I've had an upgraded room too (best was at an all inclusive resort in Greece, got upgraded on arrival to the Deluxe part of the hotel). If you have to call them about anything customer service is good, unlike the airline side of the business!

They have a handy Holiday Finder tool on their website where you pick a month or a specific date, and number of days you'd like to go for and it'll then pull up prices for everywhere. You can then filter by country, city, temperature, hotel stars, Trip Advisor ratings etc. https://www.britishairways.com/travel/holiday-finder/public/en_gb
    • Backbiter
    • By Backbiter 13th Feb 18, 10:21 PM
    • 1,250 Posts
    • 663 Thanks
    Backbiter
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:21 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by Doshwaster
    That's been my experience, too. I was looking at flights to Lisbon, and they were around 170 return with BA. Going with BA holidays, we got 3 nights B &B in a very central 4 star hotel for around 210 Inc return flights. Found a similar deal to Madrid for under 200. Ideal flight times too.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

95Posts Today

1,491Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: Third time lucky? After being delayed twice, tomorrow MPs are due to debate our #RecoverySpace proposals in parliament. @helen_u?

• Just a quick note. I've been overwhelmed by the strength of support by my campaign to stop facebook fake ads today? https://t.co/KexhjVVznY

• RT @mmhpi: On the eve of tomorrow's #RecoverySpace debate in parliament, we just delivered our 10,000 letters to the Chancellor. People in?

• Follow Martin