Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gautanga
    • By Gautanga 6th Feb 18, 4:51 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Gautanga
    Parkingeye holiday Inn Brentwood advice
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:51 PM
    Parkingeye holiday Inn Brentwood advice 6th Feb 18 at 4:51 PM
    So I got a fine from parkingeye from the Brentwood Holiday Inn. I purchased a ticket to park.. The letter doesn't even tell me why I got the fine but I spoke to holiday Inn and they told me that I overstayed my time by 49 minutes..

Is there any point to appeal it still?

Any advice appreciated.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Feb 18, 4:53 PM
    • 18,367 Posts
    • 23,272 Thanks
    Redx
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:53 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:53 PM
    its either pay or appeal, your choice

please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread if you are going to appeal it, use the template as is , as keeper

you should have insisted that HOLIDAY INN cancel the pcn directly with PE, if you were a customer of theirs
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 6th Feb 18, 4:59 PM
    • 2,419 Posts
    • 4,310 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:59 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:59 PM
    The hotel used to arrange a cancellation. Have they not offered that?
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • The Slithy Tove
    • By The Slithy Tove 6th Feb 18, 5:01 PM
    • 3,311 Posts
    • 4,837 Thanks
    The Slithy Tove
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:01 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:01 PM
    My own experience of PE tickets at Holiday Inn (not Brentwood) were that the hotel didn't really care about their reputation being trashed by the predatory tactics of their chosen car park operator. It took a strongly worded letter pointing out all that was wrong with the charge for PE to back down (signage, no planning or advertising consent, deliberate entrapment zone with no signage).
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 6th Feb 18, 5:05 PM
    • 9,518 Posts
    • 9,290 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:05 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:05 PM
    This is a scam, write bad stuff on TripAdviser and Facebook

Watch this,

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

Complain robustly to your MP

100 is an obscene amount for a short overstay, Council fines are a lot less than this.

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Gautanga
    • By Gautanga 6th Feb 18, 5:18 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gautanga
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:18 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:18 PM

please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread if you are going to appeal it, use the template as is , as keeper

you should have insisted that HOLIDAY INN cancel the pcn directly with PE, if you were a customer of theirs
    Originally posted by Redx
    Thanks. I was not actually a customer.. just met someone there that's all so if I wasn't a customer I doubt holiday Inn will cancel it for me right?

Also I'm asking if I should still appeal against it as in is there any other reason to appeal and do I have any chance to avoid paying them ?
    • Gautanga
    • By Gautanga 6th Feb 18, 5:19 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gautanga
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:19 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:19 PM

The hotel used to arrange a cancellation. Have they not offered that?
    Originally posted by IamEmanresu
    They have not offered a cancellation. I was not actually a customer of the hotel.. I just used the car park
    • Gautanga
    • By Gautanga 6th Feb 18, 5:21 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gautanga
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:21 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:21 PM
    My own experience of PE tickets at Holiday Inn (not Brentwood) were that the hotel didn't really care about their reputation being trashed by the predatory tactics of their chosen car park operator. It took a strongly worded letter pointing out all that was wrong with the charge for PE to back down (signage, no planning or advertising consent, deliberate entrapment zone with no signage).
    Originally posted by The Slithy Tove
    A strongly worded letter to who? I want to know is there any way I can still appeal it? I mean I stayed longer than I should have so it's my fault ..
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 6th Feb 18, 5:29 PM
    • 9,518 Posts
    • 9,290 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:29 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:29 PM
    I stayed longer than I should have so it's my fault ..

But has your vile deed cost them 100? If you had committed this dreadful crime in a Council car park, how much would the fine be?

It is a scam pure and simple, watch the video and complain to your MP.
    Last edited by The Deep; 06-02-2018 at 5:37 PM.
    • Gautanga
    • By Gautanga 6th Feb 18, 6:27 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gautanga
    I stayed longer than I should have so it's my fault ..

But has your vile deed cost them 100? If you had committed this dreadful crime in a Council car park, how much would the fine be?

It is a scam pure and simple, watch the video and complain to your MP.
    Originally posted by The Deep
    For sure I agree with you.. it's crazy! But complaining to MP .. is that a practical thing to do right now to get this thing cancelled so I don't have to pay?

I mean if I complain to MP will he or she be able to help me cancel this thing quickly?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Feb 18, 6:38 PM
    • 7,721 Posts
    • 7,469 Thanks
    KeithP
    It's for the greater good.
    • Gautanga
    • By Gautanga 6th Feb 18, 7:06 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gautanga
    It's for the greater good.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Yes sure but I also want to know what I can do right now with my fine
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Feb 18, 7:24 PM
    • 18,367 Posts
    • 23,272 Thanks
    Redx
    you should do what I said in my first reply

as for the MP angle, no I dont think they will help you overturn this INVOICE (its not a "fine"

but over the next few months they will be involved in drafting the new bill in parliament
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Feb 18, 10:08 PM
    • 58,549 Posts
    • 72,059 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes sure but I also want to know what I can do right now with my fine
    Originally posted by Gautanga
    It is not a 'fine'.

Have you read NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST and appealed online as keeper, as shown?

Did the PCN arrive within 14 days of the parking event?

Was the person you were picking up a patron of the Hotel? If yes, escalate the complaint.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 7th Feb 18, 10:22 AM
    • 9,518 Posts
    • 9,290 Thanks
    The Deep
    Your so called fine is an invoice. They can only enforce it if they take you to court, and win. To win they have to jump many hurdles, contract, CPRs, timing, signage, to name a few. Writing to your MP will in no way influence a judge.

Now please, be a good boy, and write that letter.
    Last edited by The Deep; 07-02-2018 at 10:54 AM.
    • Gautanga
    • By Gautanga 7th Feb 18, 5:36 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gautanga
    Your so called fine is an invoice. They can only enforce it if they take you to court, and win. To win they have to jump many hurdles, contract, CPRs, timing, signage, to name a few. Writing to your MP will in no way influence a judge.

Now please, be a good boy, and write that letter.
    Originally posted by The Deep
    Write the letter means send the draft letter from the newbie thread yes?
    • Gautanga
    • By Gautanga 7th Feb 18, 5:37 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gautanga
    you should do what I said in my first reply

as for the MP angle, no I dont think they will help you overturn this INVOICE (its not a "fine"

but over the next few months they will be involved in drafting the new bill in parliament
    It is not a 'fine'.

Have you read NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST and appealed online as keeper, as shown?

Did the PCN arrive within 14 days of the parking event?

Was the person you were picking up a patron of the Hotel? If yes, escalate the complaint.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    So I can still appeal against it even though I actually did breach the conditions by staying longer than my ticket?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Feb 18, 5:41 PM
    • 18,367 Posts
    • 23,272 Thanks
    Redx
    yes, if its within the 28 day appeal window from the date on the NTK

technically the driver was in breach by not purchasing enough time on the paid for ticket they bought
    Newbies !!
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 7th Feb 18, 7:44 PM
    • 2,659 Posts
    • 3,346 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    you have know idea as to how unregulated this industry has descended into ...

while you look how to fight this .... please do

take a few mins out to see what our MP's think about this massive scam ...

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

perhaps it might help your resolve

Ralph
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Feb 18, 8:55 PM
    • 58,549 Posts
    • 72,059 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    So I can still appeal against it even though I actually did breach the conditions by staying longer than my ticket?
    Obviously, what have the facts got to do with beating a scam?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,093Posts Today

5,606Users online

Martin's Twitter