Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • diamond dave
    • By diamond dave 6th Feb 18, 4:33 PM
    • 594Posts
    • 360Thanks
    diamond dave
    Grants for storage heaters
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:33 PM
    Grants for storage heaters 6th Feb 18 at 4:33 PM
    I am a landlord and have recently been contacted by a company who supply grants for replacement storage heaters. The company is called WorkWork ltd and tell me that the tenant qualified for the scheme. The whole thing seems a bit "iffy" - the initial contact seemed somewhat garbled and rushed. Has anyone had any experience of these grants and/or the company called Workwork ltd. I can find little info on the net.
Page 1
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 6th Feb 18, 4:53 PM
    • 3,507 Posts
    • 2,171 Thanks
    matelodave
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:53 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:53 PM
    I'd think it highly unlikely that there'd be grants for storage heaters - sounds like a scam to me.

Have a shufti here to see what might be available https://www.gov.uk/energy-grants-calculator
    Last edited by matelodave; 06-02-2018 at 4:56 PM.
    Love makes the world go round - beer make it go round even faster
    Look after our planet - it's the only one with beer
    • diamond dave
    • By diamond dave 6th Feb 18, 5:07 PM
    • 594 Posts
    • 360 Thanks
    diamond dave
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:07 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:07 PM
    There are grants to replace old heaters, but I wasn't too happy with the approach from Workwork ltd.
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 6th Feb 18, 5:08 PM
    • 3,342 Posts
    • 1,813 Thanks
    lstar337
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:08 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:08 PM
    Probably another way of forcing German 'magic clay' heaters into more properties.

Tread carefully.
    • Richie-from-the-Boro
    • By Richie-from-the-Boro 6th Feb 18, 6:52 PM
    • 6,376 Posts
    • 4,794 Thanks
    Richie-from-the-Boro
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:52 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:52 PM
    Private limited Company Incorporated on 4 September 2007. Craig & Spence Munday. Correspondence address 15 Vale Drive, Horsham, West Sussex, England, RH12 2JU
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - !!!8476;
    • J B
    • By J B 7th Feb 18, 6:47 PM
    • 2,679 Posts
    • 921 Thanks
    J B
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:47 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:47 PM
    If it sounds too good to be true ....................
    • Richie-from-the-Boro
    • By Richie-from-the-Boro 7th Feb 18, 8:04 PM
    • 6,376 Posts
    • 4,794 Thanks
    Richie-from-the-Boro
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:04 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:04 PM
    Greed is always the highest motivator.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - !!!8476;
    • diamond dave
    • By diamond dave 8th Feb 18, 10:35 AM
    • 594 Posts
    • 360 Thanks
    diamond dave
    • 8th Feb 18, 10:35 AM
    energy grants and Work Work ltd
    • 8th Feb 18, 10:35 AM
    Update: It now appears that someone has carried out a survey at the property - without my permission or my being there! The tenant seems a little dim as she tells me that she wasn't left any paperwork/contract and does not seem to even know who the company was carrying out the survey,nor who the installers would be. She informs me that they would only replace 2 of the heaters,Dimplex Quantum ones,(why?) and that the would not take away the old ones. The main problem is take these heaters require both a peak and off peak supply and I cannot imagine that they are going to install new circuits for the peak supply ( in order to use the boost facility) The whole thing seems like a disaster(scam). I want to complain to someone, but who? Anyone had Workwork Ltd or InstallInstall Ltd do anything?
    • Richie-from-the-Boro
    • By Richie-from-the-Boro 8th Feb 18, 2:02 PM
    • 6,376 Posts
    • 4,794 Thanks
    Richie-from-the-Boro
    • 8th Feb 18, 2:02 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 2:02 PM
    Grant ? or high interest loan repaid via the electricity account ! Quantum core-day rate is just a 13a socket. Quantum are the only single manufacturer to qualify for the scheme. More day heat at expensive day rate needed use a cheap as chips radiative panel heater, which is essentially what's in a Quantum.

Replacing a working old heater with working Quantum will improve nothing and cost a lot of money.
    • diamond dave
    • By diamond dave 8th Feb 18, 4:28 PM
    • 594 Posts
    • 360 Thanks
    diamond dave
    Thanks Richie-from-the-boro, that's a good point. I'm going to ring OFGEM tomorrow but will probably not go ahead with this.

Thanks all for your help!
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 8th Feb 18, 5:55 PM
    • 9,010 Posts
    • 5,365 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Why complain to anyone ?

You own the property, don't want the service and ,therefore, won't give your permission, so what's the problem ?
    • Richie-from-the-Boro
    • By Richie-from-the-Boro 8th Feb 18, 8:17 PM
    • 6,376 Posts
    • 4,794 Thanks
    Richie-from-the-Boro
    Both tenants and sellers of snake oil are now aware of the [MEES] close to 1/2 million rented landlord properties need from 1 April 2018 for energy efficient standards. Landlords cannot rent them out to new tenants or relet to existing ones.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,122Posts Today

8,058Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Facebook today admitted in parliament that after it heard of my defamation lawsuit against it for 50 fake scam ads? https://t.co/XttOnyH9sq

• RT @jamiesusskind: After more than 10 years, and with such sadness, I am leaving Labour. I'm doing it for the same reason that I joined: be?

• RT @Deeangelique_: I suggested @MartinSLewis get 'I Don't Do Ads' tattooed to his forehead yesterday. Today he posted this. I gave Martin L?

• Follow Martin