Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stevec59
    • By stevec59 6th Feb 18, 4:10 PM
    • 219Posts
    • 16Thanks
    stevec59
    No Claims Bonus question
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:10 PM
    No Claims Bonus question 6th Feb 18 at 4:10 PM
    Hi,
    I got rid of my car last year, I believe that the NCB is valid for 2 years, I have no idea if I will want a car of my own in the future as I share my wife's car. Is there anyway I can keep my NCB.

Thanks

Steve
Page 1
    • Clifford_Pope
    • By Clifford_Pope 6th Feb 18, 4:38 PM
    • 3,586 Posts
    • 3,733 Thanks
    Clifford_Pope
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:38 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:38 PM
    Yes. Swap insurance with your wife every 2 years.

Or pick a company that allow a NCD to a named driver.
    • stevec59
    • By stevec59 9th Feb 18, 4:24 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    stevec59
    • 9th Feb 18, 4:24 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 4:24 PM
    Thanks for that, unfortunately the wife has used the same broker for the last 20 years and won't change, even though she is paying over the top. Are there many companies that will allow NCD foe named driver? How would I find one?

Thanks again

Steve
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 9th Feb 18, 4:31 PM
    • 26,937 Posts
    • 10,846 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 9th Feb 18, 4:31 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 4:31 PM
    What has using the same broker got to do with using your no claims and not hers?

She can still use the same broker.

Also her broker wont affect the insurance company they choose for her. She can swap insurance and keep the same broker.

My broker covers club schemes and they said they were changing the insurance company for me this year because the previous one had increased the premium substantially.

Same broker but new insurance company.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • stevec59
    • By stevec59 10th Feb 18, 4:13 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    stevec59
    • 10th Feb 18, 4:13 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 4:13 PM
    Ah, good point, we can use her broker just me insure the car and not me. There isn't a main driver, we both use it as much as each other
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

731Posts Today

6,366Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin