Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ca90rla
    • By Ca90rla 6th Feb 18, 2:55 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ca90rla
    Ccj
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:55 PM
    Ccj 6th Feb 18 at 2:55 PM
    Hi 3 years ago I received a parking fine through my door, I paid the fine the next day then noticed it hadn't been taken from my bank. I tried to call them to speak to someone but it just went straight to the pay service. I then started to get letters saying bailiffs would come bit they never did. Then i got a form through from Northampton county court which I thought was a scam as I tried phoning their number too which took me straight to pay service. Recently I have checked my credit score and parking eye have put a county court judgement on my credit score. I wernt sure if parking eye took people to county court as I was told you don't have to pay parking eye fines
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 6th Feb 18, 3:08 PM
    • 3,377 Posts
    • 4,493 Thanks
    waamo
    • 6th Feb 18, 3:08 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 3:08 PM
    You were told wrong. Parking Eye regularly take people to court. Having ignored court papers this is likely to get expensive.

When was the judgement made against you? If it is within the last 28 days pay promptly and the ccj gets removed.

If it was longer than 28 days ago you will probably need a set aside with consent. That involves contacting PE and asking them if they will consent to this. They usually agree providing they get their money and you pay all the set aside fees too.

A set aside with consent costs 100. The final alternative is tough it out. If you are in a position where you can live with a ccj hang tight. PE so far have been reluctant to send bailiffs around. This may change in the future though.
    This space for hire.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Feb 18, 4:17 PM
    • 18,304 Posts
    • 23,180 Thanks
    Redx
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:17 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:17 PM
    put the words BARRY BEAVIS into google search and read all about PE taking people to court, 3 courts in his particular case, he lost in all of them , the last time being about 15 to 18 months ago for an issue that started about 3 or 4 years ago

they used to issue about 25k to 30k court claims per annum

so as mentioned above, whoever told you this info you mentioned is a moron
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 6th Feb 18, 4:48 PM
    • 9,435 Posts
    • 9,171 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:48 PM
    Watch this and complain robustly to your MP.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

Parliament has PE firmly in their sights so every complaint is another nail in their coffin.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 6th Feb 18, 4:48 PM
    • 2,397 Posts
    • 4,266 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    I was told you don't have to pay parking eye fines
    Name and shame.
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Feb 18, 11:35 PM
    • 58,279 Posts
    • 71,829 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:35 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:35 PM
    Hi 3 years ago I received a parking fine through my door, I paid the fine the next day then noticed it hadn't been taken from my bank. I tried to call them to speak to someone but it just went straight to the pay service. I then started to get letters saying bailiffs would come bit they never did. Then i got a form through from Northampton county court which I thought was a scam as I tried phoning their number too which took me straight to pay service. Recently I have checked my credit score and parking eye have put a county court judgement on my credit score. I wernt sure if parking eye took people to county court as I was told you don't have to pay parking eye fines
    Originally posted by Ca90rla
    Never seen such a catalogue of error after error by someone ripped off by a parking firm:

- you paid them (why?)
    - it didn't go through so they pursued it and you IGNORED them (why?)
    - you got a Court Claim and ignored that too?! Decided it was a scam and IGNORED Court papers?

Please read the NEWBIES FAQS THREAD post #2, about how to set aside a CCJ which with ParkingEye you can do 'with consent' by paying them and getting them to sign a consent order, and then you pay the court 100.

As fully described here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5782184

ParkingEye case with consent to set aside a CCJ. That's what you do and how to do it.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

58Posts Today

2,673Users online

Martin's Twitter