Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ng1412
    • By ng1412 6th Feb 18, 2:53 PM
    • 30Posts
    • 6Thanks
    ng1412
    Canada Square - Egg - require proof of name change
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:53 PM
    Canada Square - Egg - require proof of name change 6th Feb 18 at 2:53 PM
    I wrote to them last month with details of my claim for PPi and they have responded stating I need to send them proof of my change of name (due to marriage). Iíve not had to do this with any other PPi claims. Anyone else experienced this? Itís such a bloody faff...
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 6th Feb 18, 2:58 PM
    • 92,223 Posts
    • 59,404 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:58 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:58 PM
    If your name has changed since you were paying the PPI and they were never told of the name change when you were a customer, then they are required to identify you before handling the complaint.

If you changed you name whilst you were a customer or are still a customer, then you would not expect to be asked this.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • ng1412
    • By ng1412 6th Feb 18, 6:09 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    ng1412
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:09 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:09 PM
    Thanks, it!!!8217;s just strange that I haven!!!8217;t been asked that by the Halifax, Barclaycard or Santander and they are all identical PPI (historic) claims.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 6th Feb 18, 6:14 PM
    • 92,223 Posts
    • 59,404 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:14 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:14 PM
    Thanks, it!!!8217;s just strange that I haven!!!8217;t been asked that by the Halifax, Barclaycard or Santander and they are all identical PPI (historic) claims.
    Originally posted by ng1412
    They were incorrect in doing so if no checks were made. However, some banks (mainly the larger ones) can run electronic ID checks and check the marriage register.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

622Posts Today

5,461Users online

Martin's Twitter