Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Aletank
    • By Aletank 6th Feb 18, 2:53 PM
    • 536Posts
    • 179Thanks
    Aletank
    Huawei Software Updates ?
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:53 PM
    Huawei Software Updates ? 6th Feb 18 at 2:53 PM
    I've had a Huawei 5C since June 2016, it runs Huawei's software which is Emui 4.1 which is based on Android 6, Android 8 is the latest.
    I've tried updating the software via the phones software update option but it says there is no update, there are websites which show you how to update manually which I've tried but I couldn't get it to work.
    I like the Huawei phones and would consider a new one but the lack of software updates puts me off !
    I seen the Huawei P10 Lite on HotDealsUK which i like but it comes with Android 7 and I'm guessing software updates will be non existent like my current phone.
    any thoughts on this ? Thanks
Page 1
    • Jon 01
    • By Jon 01 6th Feb 18, 4:14 PM
    • 5,037 Posts
    • 1,621 Thanks
    Jon 01
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:14 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:14 PM
    XDA have a section on the Huawei c5, you can get a number of custom roms running up to vanilla Android 7.4.

Just depends on how much you know about rooting and flashing roms?

Page link below;
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-5c/development
    • Aletank
    • By Aletank 6th Feb 18, 4:20 PM
    • 536 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    Aletank
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:20 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:20 PM
    Thanks for that, I'll take a look over there !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,234Posts Today

8,106Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Facebook today admitted in parliament that after it heard of my defamation lawsuit against it for 50 fake scam ads? https://t.co/XttOnyH9sq

• RT @jamiesusskind: After more than 10 years, and with such sadness, I am leaving Labour. I'm doing it for the same reason that I joined: be?

• RT @Deeangelique_: I suggested @MartinSLewis get 'I Don't Do Ads' tattooed to his forehead yesterday. Today he posted this. I gave Martin L?

• Follow Martin