Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 6th Feb 18, 2:14 PM
    • 645Posts
    • 348Thanks
    Raxiel
    Balance Transfer Fee (Free)
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:14 PM
    Balance Transfer Fee (Free) 6th Feb 18 at 2:14 PM
    Hi, Did a search and couldn't find any other posts on this topic.

Just applied for (and received) a Barclaycard 0% BT card through MSE Credit club.

One of the details listed was 0 fee. Digging down it said a 2% fee is applied, then refunded in a couple of days.

The actual application only listed the fee and made no mention of the refund.

The transfer went through, the fee appeared, and then as expected was refunded.

My question is, was this an MSE specific deal?
    And with balance transfers at the 0% rate for the first 60 days, if I were to transfer another balance, would the fee be refunded again?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 6th Feb 18, 2:22 PM
    • 2,725 Posts
    • 2,053 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:22 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:22 PM
    You mean this one which can be found on their website? No it wasn't an MSE specific deal.

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/credit-cards/platinum-no-fee-balance-transfer?TC=GOS0000001

The actual application only listed the fee and made no mention of the refund.
    Originally posted by Raxiel
    It clearly states:

A fee of 2% will be applied to your account at first, but you'll only pay 0% as we'll refund the difference

And with balance transfers at the 0% rate for the first 60 days, if I were to transfer another balance, would the fee be refunded again?
    Originally posted by Raxiel
    Yes.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • InsertWittyName
    • By InsertWittyName 6th Feb 18, 6:59 PM
    • 1,067 Posts
    • 4,921 Thanks
    InsertWittyName
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:59 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:59 PM
    I've transferred to this card at opening and subsequently within the first 60-days I can confirm the fee was refunded each time.
    I was a DFW, now I'm a MFW
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 7th Feb 18, 4:49 PM
    • 645 Posts
    • 348 Thanks
    Raxiel
    • 7th Feb 18, 4:49 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 4:49 PM
    You mean this one which can be found on their website? No it wasn't an MSE specific deal.

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/credit-cards/platinum-no-fee-balance-transfer?TC=GOS0000001

It clearly states:

Yes.
    Originally posted by Candyapple
    It's not exactly the same, mine is for 25 months, not 26, which doesn't appear to be listed on their site, although it looks like it's effectively the same offer in all other respects.
    I didn't go through that page or one like it, I followed the link straight from the credit club directly into the application form, and that didn't mention the refund, just the fee.

Thank you for answering my question.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,882Posts Today

6,817Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Mattallwright: I don?t think life is fair. I think we have to work to impose our idea of fairness on life. It doesn?t come pre-justiced?

• 3 tips to succeed if you want to start your own business, from me, an accidental entrepreneur... https://t.co/leamX59TY1

• My advice for budding entrepreneurs... why a good idea is a nightmare... https://t.co/eJaF2HPXxu

• Follow Martin