Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • VX Foxy
    • By VX Foxy 6th Feb 18, 1:31 PM
    • 42Posts
    • 8Thanks
    VX Foxy
    30 to return bulky item to Next
    • 6th Feb 18, 1:31 PM
    30 to return bulky item to Next 6th Feb 18 at 1:31 PM
    Hi

My wife bought some shelves from Next but they don't fit!

Next want 30 to collect and won't accept us returning to a store or using our own courier.

Is there any way around this? (apart from measuring properly in the first place!)
    Lightbulb moment: 10 March 06
Page 1
    • bob_a_builder
    • By bob_a_builder 6th Feb 18, 1:49 PM
    • 1,572 Posts
    • 757 Thanks
    bob_a_builder
    • 6th Feb 18, 1:49 PM
    See HERE
    Look Under Cancellation Right

"The Regulations do not require customers who cancel to return your goods, but they must take reasonable care of them and make them available for you to collect. You must refund the customer as soon as possible, but in any case within 14 calendar days of receipt of cancelled goods.

The exception is if your contract requires the customer to return your goods if they cancel. In that case, if they do not return them, they must pay your costs incurred in collecting them.
    "

Then refer to the original T&Cs of your purchase

But can't see them forgetting to write that in

EDIT : Sorry I assumed it was an online purchase but now re-reading the OP I'm not sure ?
    Last edited by bob_a_builder; 06-02-2018 at 1:51 PM.
    • Gavin83
    • By Gavin83 6th Feb 18, 1:49 PM
    • 5,120 Posts
    • 8,326 Thanks
    Gavin83
    I'm not sure they can refuse the use of your own courier. Your responsibility is to return the item to them, how you choose to do that should be up to you. Of course if it doesn't arrive back to them it'll be your responsibility so at least make sure it's got sufficient insurance.

Can't you just cut down the shelves? What are they made out of?
    • VX Foxy
    • By VX Foxy 6th Feb 18, 2:34 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    VX Foxy
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:34 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:34 PM
    Thanks both

Yes, it was an online purchase.

It seems to me that it's unreasonable to insist that they collect.

(can't cut them down, it's a unit)
    Lightbulb moment: 10 March 06
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 6th Feb 18, 2:40 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 3,420 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:40 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:40 PM
    30 doesn't seem unreasonable. How heavy is the unit, and how much are other couriers charging?
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 6th Feb 18, 5:38 PM
    • 10,953 Posts
    • 7,774 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:38 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 5:38 PM
    30 doesn't seem unreasonable. How heavy is the unit, and how much are other couriers charging?
    Originally posted by BorisThomson
    I agree, I can't see that it would be any cheaper using your own courier, unless the shelves were really light. Also they don't have to accept them in store because you purchased them online.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

348Posts Today

4,187Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin