Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jinkssick
    • By jinkssick 6th Feb 18, 1:29 PM
    • 1,236Posts
    • 909Thanks
    jinkssick
    Adding errors to appeal?
    • 6th Feb 18, 1:29 PM
    Adding errors to appeal? 6th Feb 18 at 1:29 PM
    IPC member. Parked in a residential area to pick up child from school for mere mins.

Delightful human being lurks and takes pictures of my car with his mobile. Saw this person. Car leaves.

2 points. Parking site notice says "REFRAIN FROM PARKING" but wouldnt I have to park to read notice??? and NTK received shows keepers name as for example USAIN BOL. Missing last letter.

Should I add those 2 errors to appeal taken from NEWBIES thread to strengthen? or keep it as it is?

Thousands thanks.
    Save saynoto0870.com in your favorites, and stop giving companies more dialling 0870 numbers when you can dial freephones or cheaper alternatives
    call your credit card company, tell them that you want to leave, 99% of the time theyll lower your APR%
    Remember when that Bank Manager or Salesperson smiles at you, all he sees is notes. Dont forget the motto, "the wider their grin, the more debt your in"
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Feb 18, 1:52 PM
    • 6,651 Posts
    • 5,851 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 6th Feb 18, 1:52 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 1:52 PM
    Just send the appeal template as it is.
    Anything you add won't be read and the appeal will be rejected anyway.
    Why waste the effort?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 6th Feb 18, 2:05 PM
    • 36,564 Posts
    • 82,825 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:05 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:05 PM
    Make sure you never reveal the driver's identity. Obtain pictures of the area and signage in case the PPC tries court at some point.

What is the name of the PPC please?
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 06-02-2018 at 2:08 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • jinkssick
    • By jinkssick 6th Feb 18, 2:22 PM
    • 1,236 Posts
    • 909 Thanks
    jinkssick
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:22 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:22 PM
    PCM.

I am thinking of just paying fine, not because I cant stomach the fight (I would relish it) but on entry theres a clear white sign saying ''RESIDENT PARKING ONLY"? Whats peoples opinion?
    Save saynoto0870.com in your favorites, and stop giving companies more dialling 0870 numbers when you can dial freephones or cheaper alternatives
    call your credit card company, tell them that you want to leave, 99% of the time theyll lower your APR%
    Remember when that Bank Manager or Salesperson smiles at you, all he sees is notes. Dont forget the motto, "the wider their grin, the more debt your in"
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Feb 18, 2:34 PM
    • 6,651 Posts
    • 5,851 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:34 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:34 PM
    PCM.

I am thinking of just paying fine, not because I cant stomach the fight (I would relish it) but on entry theres a clear white sign saying ''RESIDENT PARKING ONLY"? Whats peoples opinion?
    Originally posted by jinkssick
    My opinion is that that is a forbidding sign.

In simple terms, that sign is not an invitation to park, exactly the opposite in fact, so cannot possibly form the basis of a contract to park.

Well worth fighting and should be an easy win.

Can you show us a picture of that sign please?
    • jinkssick
    • By jinkssick 6th Feb 18, 6:29 PM
    • 1,236 Posts
    • 909 Thanks
    jinkssick
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:29 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:29 PM
    please disregard and read below.
    Last edited by jinkssick; 06-02-2018 at 9:40 PM. Reason: edit
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 6th Feb 18, 7:16 PM
    • 10,400 Posts
    • 9,647 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:16 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:16 PM
    Can't see any pic on 2nd link and 1st link invaded by Zepplins.
    • jinkssick
    • By jinkssick 6th Feb 18, 8:00 PM
    • 1,236 Posts
    • 909 Thanks
    jinkssick
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:00 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:00 PM
    Can a MOD please direct link them please.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Feb 18, 8:18 PM
    • 6,651 Posts
    • 5,851 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:18 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:18 PM
    Can a MOD please direct link them please.
    You've been on MSE long enough to know:
    a) that there are no moderators, and
    b) that you can provide live links yourself.
    • jinkssick
    • By jinkssick 6th Feb 18, 9:39 PM
    • 1,236 Posts
    • 909 Thanks
    jinkssick
    The below is the scene when a vehicle enters, as the place is used by a lot of people for 5 mins max parking as its next to school.

first

This one shows the Notice sign in background and shows ''Residents only sign".

second

Full Notice

third

I remember reading another thread around these here parts when a member was told they could not direct link. I have edited the pictures as heard these amazing parking folk frequent the board. Thank you.
    Last edited by jinkssick; 09-02-2018 at 3:13 PM. Reason: edit
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Feb 18, 9:40 PM
    • 56,207 Posts
    • 69,863 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    PCM.

I am thinking of just paying fine
    No you are NOT.

NO-ONE pays that ex-clamper! Of course you can't be fined for this.

Watch the Parlimentary debate from last Friday about such scams, and read this Blog first:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/

and watch the debate here:

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

Get some backbone! Complain to your MP and Trading Standards about predatory ticketing (not allowed under the IPC Code).

Can't see the third link but why even go into that estate area. Did you know you can pick a child up on single or double yellows on street (Local Authority public highway) where stopping for boarding/alighting is allowed? Assuming there is a public road leading there, why go that far into a private estate?
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 06-02-2018 at 9:47 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• jinkssick
    • By jinkssick 9th Feb 18, 1:19 PM
    • 1,236 Posts
    • 909 Thanks
    jinkssick
    Good afternoon all, I put the appeal in and no surprise it was rejected. Thought I would upload their generic reply. Should I contact BMPA to express grace period? or wait for debt collection letters?

Thank you all.

https://i.imgur.com/dGFmeSU.jpg
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Feb 18, 1:30 PM
    • 9,061 Posts
    • 8,744 Thanks
    The Deep
    This is thoroughly anti social behaviour, and the reason management companies engage these scammers. How would you feel if a Yummy Mummy parked her Bling Wagon on your drive while collecting little Arminta and Tarquin from school.

There are no grace periods, you have no right to park there at all, It is private private land, not public private land if you get my drift.

Fight the scammers as advised by others and do not park there again.
    Last edited by The Deep; 09-02-2018 at 1:37 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Feb 18, 1:58 PM
    • 36,564 Posts
    • 82,825 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Good afternoon all, I put the appeal in and no surprise it was rejected. Thought I would upload their generic reply. Should I contact BMPA to express grace period? or wait for debt collection letters?

Thank you all.

https://i.imgur.com/dGFmeSU.jpg
    Unless you asked the BMPA motoring charity for help, I don't know why you have mentioned them in your post.

The NEWBIES tells you what to do when an IPC member rejects your initial appeal. It also tells you why it is safe to ignore debt collectors.

Edit post 10 to remove information about who keeps entering the area as it could reasonably be assumed as revealing the driver's identity.

As already mentioned, don't park there again. By doing so you have become part of the reason these unregulated parking companies exist!
    I don't have a sister.

• jinkssick
    • By jinkssick 10th Feb 18, 4:17 PM
    • 1,236 Posts
    • 909 Thanks
    jinkssick
    I appealed to PCM and was rejected. Can I re-appeal directly with them again? Because I have noticed on original NTK they did not mention.

- The period the car was parked, as per the Schedule 4 paragraphs 8 and 9 of the PoFA?

Or am I clutching at short straws? Thank you all.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 10th Feb 18, 4:36 PM
    • 36,564 Posts
    • 82,825 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    I appealed to PCM and was rejected. Can I re-appeal directly with them again? Because I have noticed on original NTK they did not mention.

- The period the car was parked, as per the Schedule 4 paragraphs 8 and 9 of the PoFA?

You cannot appeal again to the PPC.

In my opinion your options are now ignore (recommended)

Appeal to the IAS (not recommended)

A non POFA compliant NTK may help if this gets to court.
    I don't have a sister.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Feb 18, 4:50 PM
    • 17,306 Posts
    • 27,256 Thanks
    Umkomaas

Even if you could appeal again, they would reject it, no matter how good, or legally legitimate it was. This is an unregulated industry that has no interest in managing car parks, no interest in the legal side of things - the only interest they have is in you, and, in particular, your wallet.

Everything else has lip service paid to it, in order to legitimise gouging money out of you.

Nothing more, nothing less. Understand the game you're now in - it will help you deal with it better.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Feb 18, 10:56 PM
    • 56,207 Posts
    • 69,863 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Stop thinking there is a next step. You cannot meaningfully ''APPEAL'' to an IPC member, they deliberately make it almost impossible to win, and that's why no-one has any respect for them as a Trade Body. Your points are also 'clutching at straws' points. Stop there, you did enough for now!

Better points will be made in your defence at a hearing.

Ignore them and watch last weeks' Parliamentary debate about these rogue firms, while you wait for the useless Gladstones court claim, which is the stage where these cons are beaten.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,974Posts Today

8,421Users online

Martin's Twitter