Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dangermouse99
    • By Dangermouse99 6th Feb 18, 10:49 AM
    • 85Posts
    • 37Thanks
    Dangermouse99
    0 WOW
    London hotel in September
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:49 AM
    0 WOW
    London hotel in September 6th Feb 18 at 10:49 AM
    Hi, I am going to a gig around 27th September in London and I've been amazed at the prices I'm being quoted on sites. Even by London prices they're steep. I'm guessing that even though I'm looking 7 months in advance, the prices won't come down any more?

I may look at Secret Escapes or something closer the time. Can anybody shed light on whether or not the prices will decrease and if there are any hidden gems hotels that may be reasonable? I'd rather stay close to the centre or around Royal Albert Hall.

In terms of price, I stayed in a lovely quality hotel for around 85 with breakfast last month but the same hotel is double for September. Ideally something 100 or less a night.

Thank you,
    Dan
Page 1
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 6th Feb 18, 6:51 PM
    • 6,252 Posts
    • 6,709 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:51 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 6:51 PM
    Have you looked at Travelodge ?

e.g Fulham is showing as 62, Marylebone 72 and some cheaper ones a bit further out (althugh not that these are non-cancelable saver rates) - it might be worth paying a bit more for a flexible rate that you can cancel now to get something and then having another look a bit nearer the time.
    • zagubov
    • By zagubov 6th Feb 18, 10:54 PM
    • 15,309 Posts
    • 131,069 Thanks
    zagubov
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:54 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:54 PM
    There aren't that many hidden gems. The Celtic Hotel gets good reviews, near Russell Square, but you'd maybe save money at chains, like p00hsticks suggests.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
    • Lance De Boils
    • By Lance De Boils 7th Feb 18, 12:40 AM
    • 139 Posts
    • 956 Thanks
    Lance De Boils
    • 7th Feb 18, 12:40 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 12:40 AM
    I would have a play around with the Travelodge saver rates page.

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/saver_search
    • happyinflorida
    • By happyinflorida 9th Feb 18, 11:05 PM
    • 699 Posts
    • 589 Thanks
    happyinflorida
    • 9th Feb 18, 11:05 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 11:05 PM
    I've just stayed at the Holiday Inn Regents Park in late January and booked for a week through "Holidays.com". I paid just over 1100 for a 7 night stay for my son and I sharing a twin room but the room prices given weren't the same for every night.

It was quite weird, one night was 107 - Sunday and the most expensive was 165.83 for the Tuesday and Wednesday nights. There were taxes and fees on top which came to 184.35.

It was still cheaper than a lot of other hotels though and you did have to pay extra for the breakfast buffet but that was also quite cheap at just over 6 each per day if booked in advance.

I checked Trip Advisor very carefully and studied the photos and this one seemed to have what I wanted - good beds (I have a bad back) and they were really comfy, I had no back ache at all, which is unusual. The rooms were immaculately clean and the breakfasts were excellent - enough to last you all day!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel. It has buses and tubes easily reached from the hotel within a few minutes. The staff were all so friendly and helpful too.

It's above Oxford Street, near to Oxford Circus and also close to the top part of Regent Street - the top part without shops!! lol I hadn't realised there was a top half of Regent Street until I stayed here and the bus went down it.
    • Dangermouse99
    • By Dangermouse99 13th Feb 18, 12:11 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    Dangermouse99
    • 13th Feb 18, 12:11 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 12:11 PM
    Thanks so much for the replies! I guess London hotels are simply quite steep in September sadly so I'll follow recommendations and make a booking.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,326Posts Today

7,851Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin