Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • specless08
    • By specless08 6th Feb 18, 10:33 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    specless08
    companies who won`t reply
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:33 AM
    companies who won`t reply 6th Feb 18 at 10:33 AM
    Hi, Ihave paperwork to prove that i paid ppi on a mortgage over a 4+ year period in late 80s / early 90s. I wrote several times enclosing copies of documentation, using Gpo recorded delivery which i tracked and verified that they had been signed for. I received no reply to any of the letters so i phoned to complain and eventually got a letter to say that i had to deal with the insurance company who were the introducing source, so i went through the same procedure all over again, again getting no reply to my recorded delivery letters. I have contacted the Ombudsman who say that it is too old for them to get involved with. If the companies in question won`t reply to my complaints can anyone suggest an alternative course of action
Page 1
    • societys child
    • By societys child 6th Feb 18, 10:53 AM
    • 5,218 Posts
    • 5,767 Thanks
    societys child
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:53 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:53 AM
    Any complaint should be made to whoever sold you the policy.

There is nothing wrong with MPPI and most complaints are rejected unless there is a valid reason why it was unsuitable.

It's far better not to use recorded delivery in these circumstances.
    Last edited by societys child; 06-02-2018 at 10:55 AM.

• dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 6th Feb 18, 11:02 AM
    • 92,949 Posts
    • 60,326 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:02 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:02 AM
    wrote several times enclosing copies of documentation, using Gpo recorded delivery which i tracked and verified that they had been signed for.
    That method is notorious for the complaints not getting to the correct location. Recorded delivery with PO Boxes gets them taken away from the intended destination and the person dealing with it may not have a clue where they are meant to go. Especially if they cant find you on their current systems.

and eventually got a letter to say that i had to deal with the insurance company who were the introducing source
    You have to deal with the company that sold it to you. Not the lender or the insurer unless it was one of their employees. The wording suggests a broker/adviser/agent was involved. As they only became regulated in January 2005, they are not required to consider complaints about insurance sold prior to that date. The FOS response also suggests that was the case as they are not allowed to look at pre 2005 cases with brokers/advisers/agents.

If the companies in question won`t reply to my complaints can anyone suggest an alternative course of action
    1 - dont use recorded delivery.
    2 - Give up as its pre-regulation and not a bank sold product
    3 - dont give it any more thought as most MPPI complaints fail anyway even when they can be looked at. Its not like loan or credit card PPI.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

55Posts Today

2,780Users online

Martin's Twitter