Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redrabbit29
    • By redrabbit29 6th Feb 18, 10:18 AM
    • 1,021Posts
    • 430Thanks
    redrabbit29
    Is there a bank account like this?.
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:18 AM
    Is there a bank account like this?. 6th Feb 18 at 10:18 AM
    I'd like a joint bank account with my partner, that lets you set up several areas within.

For example, it would be really useful to have one called "Holiday" so that money separate from anything else goes in there.

Also one called "Emergency"... etc...

Are there any like this?

Thanks
    Amo L'Italia
Page 1
    • Gazza9999
    • By Gazza9999 6th Feb 18, 10:22 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Gazza9999
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:22 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:22 AM
    Just set up multiple bank accounts. Then set up SOs in your main bank account; one SO for holidays will go to one bank, one SO for emergencies will go to another bank, etc.
    • redrabbit29
    • By redrabbit29 6th Feb 18, 10:29 AM
    • 1,021 Posts
    • 430 Thanks
    redrabbit29
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:29 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:29 AM
    Just set up multiple bank accounts. Then set up SOs in your main bank account; one SO for holidays will go to one bank, one SO for emergencies will go to another bank, etc.
    Originally posted by Gazza9999
    That is probably what I will end up doing if there's no solution to what I'm trying to do.

I'd rather avoid more new bank accounts as these will be joint ones, so ideally would just have one with one bank.
    Amo L'Italia
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 6th Feb 18, 11:11 AM
    • 8,244 Posts
    • 10,513 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:11 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:11 AM
    Lloyds, Halifax and BoS allow you to name their savings accounts. They're not alone.

You can send external payments from them or transfer instantly between them and any current accounts.

Interest rates are awful though.
    • redrabbit29
    • By redrabbit29 6th Feb 18, 11:24 AM
    • 1,021 Posts
    • 430 Thanks
    redrabbit29
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:24 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:24 AM
    Lloyds, Halifax and BoS allow you to name their savings accounts. They're not alone.

You can send external payments from them or transfer instantly between them and any current accounts.

Interest rates are awful though.
    Originally posted by PeacefulWaters
    That's no issue, interest rates aren't that important. It will be used for:

- mortgage payment

- Saving up about 1000 for a holiday on a rolling basis

Things like that, won't be much in there at all.

Thanks
    Amo L'Italia
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 6th Feb 18, 11:48 AM
    • 4,364 Posts
    • 22,498 Thanks
    Misslayed
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:48 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:48 AM
    You can sort your money in the one account and B (Part of Yorkshire or Clydesdale bank)
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a (novice) Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,026Posts Today

8,363Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm retweeting this so people can judge my 'non-apology' for themselves. Yet I am gen? https://t.co/ALnjaDtZcm

• I don't shush women. But did wrongly shush a woman, u, not due to gender, but as u patronisingly offered me an unpa? https://t.co/jCYTb7aFYt

• Harassing people who are hospitalised for mental health issues helps no one. Giving breathing space to put finance? https://t.co/L02RzMDoEs

• Follow Martin