Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • smithers1981
    • By smithers1981 6th Feb 18, 9:27 AM
    • 696Posts
    • 516Thanks
    smithers1981
    Aldi now accepting American Express
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:27 AM
    Aldi now accepting American Express 6th Feb 18 at 9:27 AM
    Just seen this over on hotukd, some folk may find info useful, i will be applying for a new Amex as all weekly shopping is done in Aldi.
    'Better to Live a Day as a LION than 100 years as a lamb'
Page 2
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 8th Feb 18, 2:25 PM
    • 3,840 Posts
    • 5,274 Thanks
    Nick_C
    thanks Heng, will try that by logging into my a/c.
    EDITed..just tried that, but obviously doing something wrong.
    Logged into my a/c, then add online servicing, put wife!!!s card details, then my user Id and PW, it says card is already registered?
    Do I use my id and PW at second stage, or, create onother for wife?
    Originally posted by joe134
    Create an Amex on line account for your wife.

That's what I do with my partner's card, which I got just to double up on cashback offers.
    • joe134
    • By joe134 8th Feb 18, 2:56 PM
    • 3,116 Posts
    • 402 Thanks
    joe134
    Create an Amex on line account for your wife.

That's what I do with my partner's card, which I got just to double up on cashback offers.
    Originally posted by Nick_C
    Hi Nick, that is what I am trying to do, but, not sure how?
    When I add her card details, it then asks for my user id and password.
    Do I create different ones to mine, because, when I use mine, it says, already registered?
    Confused
    Not unusual for me

Sorted now.
    Thanks very much
    Last edited by joe134; 08-02-2018 at 3:41 PM.
    • PROLIANT
    • By PROLIANT 8th Feb 18, 4:06 PM
    • 6,040 Posts
    • 5,589 Thanks
    PROLIANT
    It's nice to know that my 40p loaf of bread will become 42p, so that those better than me can use their Amex to buy the Aldi lobster.

So glad to be helping those who are struggling to pay cash for their food.
    Originally posted by PasturesNew
    Thank you for supporting the 1%, we do really appreciate it.
    Now the only difficult decision is whether to use my Gold or Platinum Amex.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 9th Feb 18, 4:13 PM
    • 3,662 Posts
    • 945 Thanks
    Anthorn
    It's nice to know that my 40p loaf of bread will become 42p, so that those better than me can use their Amex to buy the Aldi lobster.

So glad to be helping those who are struggling to pay cash for their food.
    Originally posted by PasturesNew
    No, no caviar! And I just loaded the Amex spend 10 get 5 back offer onto my Amex and I'll be shopping at Aldi later. I just hope their caviar is as good as that from Harrods. And maybe some smoked salmon too.
    • badmemory
    • By badmemory 9th Feb 18, 4:25 PM
    • 1,705 Posts
    • 2,298 Thanks
    badmemory
    Caviar maybe not, smoked salmon would be a yes, no venison in the last year though. They are now a fully grown up co. Having gone from cash only through debit card then credit card, contactless & now to accommodate all those tanks normally in the car park (I bet they don't tell their friends they shop there) Amex.
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 10th Feb 18, 12:01 AM
    • 3,840 Posts
    • 5,274 Thanks
    Nick_C
    Caviar maybe not, smoked salmon would be a yes, no venison in the last year though. They are now a fully grown up co. Having gone from cash only through debit card then credit card, contactless & now to accommodate all those tanks normally in the car park (I bet they don't tell their friends they shop there) Amex.
    Originally posted by badmemory
    My local Aldi had Venison steaks last week.
    • badmemory
    • By badmemory 10th Feb 18, 12:17 AM
    • 1,705 Posts
    • 2,298 Thanks
    badmemory
    My local Aldi had Venison steaks last week.
    Originally posted by Nick_C
    Well that's upset me. Obviously my Aldi doesn't have enough tanks attending to make stocking venison worthwhile.
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 11th Feb 18, 8:55 AM
    • 3,662 Posts
    • 945 Thanks
    Anthorn
    I went into Aldi with my Amex and did 10 worth and the 5 back was speedy. Looks like I only just scraped in for the 5 back offer because it's expired now. But ouch Aldi don't have black pudding. A bit suspicious of the longer baked steak pie at a cheap 85p too so I didn't buy one. Back to Sainsburys!

Replacing the Aldi own brand labels with Sainsburys labels is going to be tedious
    • gardner1
    • By gardner1 23rd Feb 18, 6:16 PM
    • 2,477 Posts
    • 3,743 Thanks
    gardner1
    Is Amex accepted at Lidl?

I'm considering applying for one but I do my shopping at Lidl and get my fuel at Tesco so its no use if I can't use for the food shopping!
    Originally posted by fatrab
    Wife works for them and apparently they will accept Amex in coming weeks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,059Posts Today

8,359Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Quick #eng pre-match poll. What result do you predict?

• I agree this glitch wasn't flights for 1p it was flights for c. £200 - I think many would've expected that to be th? https://t.co/QUTnlBLPkj

• Was the BA fare glitch fair? Are you one of those let down by BA cancelling cheap flights to Tel Avivandr Dubai? H? https://t.co/PvN8Zaxbue

• Follow Martin