Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rhinogs
    • By rhinogs 6th Feb 18, 9:12 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    rhinogs
    Claiming PPI from Standard Life Bank
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:12 AM
    Claiming PPI from Standard Life Bank 6th Feb 18 at 9:12 AM
    I have tried to claim PPI from my Standard Life mortgage from 2004. But I'm told the bank doesn't exist and I have to claim through Barclays Bank. They of course tell me I must claim directly to Standard Life. Has anyone else had the same problem and managed to get around the problem?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 6th Feb 18, 9:20 AM
    • 16,832 Posts
    • 17,838 Thanks
    zx81
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:20 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:20 AM
    https://www.standardlife.co.uk/c1/contact-us.page
    • rhinogs
    • By rhinogs 6th Feb 18, 9:24 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rhinogs
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:24 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:24 AM
    Thanks, but as it's a Freestyle Mortgage' Standard Life will not even let me past the first person.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 6th Feb 18, 9:30 AM
    • 92,634 Posts
    • 59,945 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:30 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:30 AM
    Did you actually have PPI (or was it life assurance)?

Standard Life bank was a lender available to brokers. Was your mortgage arranged directly with Std Life or via an adviser/broker?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • rhinogs
    • By rhinogs 6th Feb 18, 9:57 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rhinogs
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:57 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:57 AM
    The first one was arranged through a broker, the second was direct with the bank over the phone
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 6th Feb 18, 10:50 AM
    • 92,634 Posts
    • 59,945 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:50 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:50 AM
    The first one was arranged through a broker, the second was direct with the bank over the phone
    Originally posted by rhinogs
    When was the PPI sold? (i.e. by the broker on the first one or on the second)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • rhinogs
    • By rhinogs 6th Feb 18, 12:12 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rhinogs
    • 6th Feb 18, 12:12 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 12:12 PM
    My memory is that it was included in both, but ended when I changed mortgage providers
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 6th Feb 18, 12:39 PM
    • 92,634 Posts
    • 59,945 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 6th Feb 18, 12:39 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 12:39 PM
    My memory is that it was included in both, but ended when I changed mortgage providers
    Originally posted by rhinogs
    The point of sale is the date that matters. Not the period it was paid over. As this was bought pre-regulation, there is no-one to complain to.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

1,642Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin