Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beckysheffield
    • By beckysheffield 6th Feb 18, 8:54 AM
    • 36Posts
    • 7Thanks
    beckysheffield
    Buying after living abroad
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:54 AM
    Buying after living abroad 6th Feb 18 at 8:54 AM
    I have to move back to UK after living abroad for many years. The mortgage advisor I saw said that I don稚 need any pay slips or anything to show the source. I知 just about to close my bank account Overseas.... anyone have any advice?

I知 not coming up with any searches on this forum.... keeps on timing out l :/
Page 1
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 6th Feb 18, 9:16 AM
    • 7,301 Posts
    • 7,339 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:16 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:16 AM
    Your solicitor will want to check your source of founds and will have their own requirements (and your mortgage advisor ought to be aware of that!). I can't think of a reason for keeping the account open? As long as you keep your statements.
    • beckysheffield
    • By beckysheffield 6th Feb 18, 9:37 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    beckysheffield
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:37 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:37 AM
    Your solicitor will want to check your source of founds and will have their own requirements (and your mortgage advisor ought to be aware of that!). I can't think of a reason for keeping the account open? As long as you keep your statements.
    Originally posted by davidmcn
    He said because the source of funds was me sending to my bank account from Overseas it!!!8217;s ok. As it!!!8217;s not a cash deposit within the uk.

Can I actually get a solicitor without buying a house?
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 6th Feb 18, 9:43 AM
    • 7,301 Posts
    • 7,339 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:43 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:43 AM
    He said because the source of funds was me sending to my bank account from Overseas it!!!8217;s ok. As it!!!8217;s not a cash deposit within the uk.

Can I actually get a solicitor without buying a house?
    Originally posted by beckysheffield
    If anything, money from overseas is likely to be scrutinised more carefully, so I'm not sure why he gave that advice.

Get a solicitor to do what? Do you mean get some initial advice about what their anti-money-laundering requirements will be? Yes, they should be able to do that.
    • beckysheffield
    • By beckysheffield 6th Feb 18, 9:54 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    beckysheffield
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:54 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:54 AM
    If anything, money from overseas is likely to be scrutinised more carefully, so I'm not sure why he gave that advice.

Get a solicitor to do what? Do you mean get some initial advice about what their anti-money-laundering requirements will be? Yes, they should be able to do that.

Its been sent by myself to myself.... how would I get a solicitors advice about what I need to provide for a mortgage? Is there a special type or will anyone do? I知 a newbie to this. Ta.
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 6th Feb 18, 9:58 AM
    • 7,301 Posts
    • 7,339 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:58 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:58 AM
    Its been sent by myself to myself.... how would I get a solicitors advice about what I need to provide for a mortgage? Is there a special type or will anyone do? I知 a newbie to this. Ta.
    Originally posted by beckysheffield
    You shop around for the solicitor you'd want to use for your purchase and ask them what they'll need.
    • beckysheffield
    • By beckysheffield 6th Feb 18, 10:00 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    beckysheffield
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:00 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 10:00 AM
    You shop around for the solicitor you'd want to use for your purchase and ask them what they'll need.
    I haven稚 got a house to buy yet, still Overseas

I値l call a few places
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,757Posts Today

8,292Users online

Martin's Twitter