Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Anagram
    • By Anagram 6th Feb 18, 8:23 AM
    • 27Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Anagram
    Notice of intended Court action on 5 year old fine
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:23 AM
    Notice of intended Court action on 5 year old fine 6th Feb 18 at 8:23 AM
    I received a letter a couple of weeks back from DRP regarding a fine for a parking offence in 2013 that I have no recollection of and that I am pretty sure that I did not receive correspondence about at the time. Having checked the forums here and read some of the threads about DRP I followed the advice and didn't respond but yesterday I received a Notice of intended court action if I do not pay the fine (99) by Feb 16th. As I recall from reading the forums a couple of weeks back, it is at this stage that I should respond so I wondered what the right course of action is here? To make this situation even more irritating I am pretty sure that it would have been my ex wife who would have received the actual ticket all those years back because I am pretty sure that I have never parked there!
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Feb 18, 8:30 AM
    • 17,341 Posts
    • 27,314 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:30 AM
    yesterday I received a Notice of intended court action if I do not pay the fine (99) by Feb 16th. As I recall from reading the forums a couple of weeks back, it is at this stage that I should respond
    Not if it has come from DRP.

Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #4.

Which parking company?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 6th Feb 18, 8:30 AM
    • 2,801 Posts
    • 4,203 Thanks
    fisherjim
    It's not a fine, and if the "notice of intended court action" also came from DRP it's a bluff, does it say "we will recommend referring for court action"?

If so DRP are sweeping up old claims before giving up!
    • Anagram
    • By Anagram 6th Feb 18, 8:46 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Anagram
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:46 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:46 AM
    Not if it has come from DRP.

Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #4.

Which parking company?
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Smart Parking.
    • Anagram
    • By Anagram 6th Feb 18, 8:50 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Anagram
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:50 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:50 AM
    It's not a fine, and if the "notice of intended court action" also came from DRP it's a bluff, does it say "we will recommend referring for court action"?

If so DRP are sweeping up old claims before giving up!
    Originally posted by fisherjim
    Under the heading "What happens next" it says If you haven't paid in full or made arrangements to pay by 16/02/2018, we'll pass your file to our client with a recommendation that they take court action against you.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 6th Feb 18, 8:52 AM
    • 2,801 Posts
    • 4,203 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:52 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:52 AM
    Under the heading "What happens next" it says If you haven't paid in full or made arrangements to pay by 16/02/2018, we'll pass your file to our client with a recommendation that they take court action against you.
    Originally posted by Anagram
    Exactly! DRP bluff, that's the last thing DRP want as they have failed and get nothing, ignore as suggested.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Feb 18, 8:57 AM
    • 17,341 Posts
    • 27,314 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:57 AM
    we'll pass your file to our client with a recommendation that they take court action against you.
    Put that phrase into Google and see how many of these letters are sent out - with no follow on implications.

Smart Parking to all intents and purposes do not do court. Almost 1 million tickets issued in past 3 years, just 24 court cases (likely for multiple, high value tickets).

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Smart_Parking.html

In last weeks Commons debate, SNP Member Pete Wishart described Smart Parking as <the John Wayne of cowboys>. Their days are numbered if Pete gets his hearts wish!
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 06-02-2018 at 9:00 AM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 6th Feb 18, 8:57 AM
    • 9,088 Posts
    • 8,783 Thanks
    The Deep
    But please do watch this

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain loudly to your MP.
    Last edited by The Deep; 06-02-2018 at 8:59 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 6th Feb 18, 9:00 AM
    • 7,188 Posts
    • 9,514 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:00 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:00 AM
    DRP RUBBISH AGAIN

Ignore these vagabonds and if Smart want to chance their luck,
    just come back here

The more I hear and see about DRP, the more I am convinced
    they run their outfit from a local zoo
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Anagram
    • By Anagram 6th Feb 18, 11:13 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Anagram
    Thanks for your comments guys, much appreciated. I shall of course follow your advice and let you know if I hear anything further.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,846Posts Today

7,871Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I hate customer service lines that ALWAYS say, every time you ring (at any time in the day)... "sorry we are experi? https://t.co/GGCGM0WNai

• After the news I'm suing facebook over scam ads, people keep sending me ads with my pic in asking, ?is THIS ad with? https://t.co/lhTmijgnWt

• So Facebook just waxed lyrical about all the things they're doing to stop fake ads. Whoop de whoop. Yet THESE SCA? https://t.co/hP4q6kRuuQ

• Follow Martin