Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kawasaki_dave
    • By kawasaki_dave 6th Feb 18, 12:04 AM
    • 22Posts
    • 32Thanks
    kawasaki_dave
    Mortgage Application - Only 1 payslip requested
    • 6th Feb 18, 12:04 AM
    Mortgage Application - Only 1 payslip requested 6th Feb 18 at 12:04 AM
    Hi

Apologies if this has already been covered in another thread (some direction if it has would be much appreciated please)!

My partner and I have just applied to Nationwide for an FTB mortgage. We got the DIP no problem and Nationwide have booked a valuation.

So far the only single document they have requested is my partner's most recent payslip (she is main earner). Nothing else, not even proof of ID etc.

I have everything else they may ask for (bank statements for both of us and joint accounts, proof of deposit, ID, payslips for both etc) in a pdf file ready to email them if requested, but was wondering whether to send them just in case, to perhaps speed the process up? My main concern is that 2 days after the valuation we're due to go on holiday for 3 weeks with limited access to email so I don't want this to cause a massive delay.

Can it do any harm to send more documents in to them or should I just hold fire or ring them and ask (it's current just gone midnight and I'm a worrier)!!

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Fisa002
    • By Fisa002 6th Feb 18, 12:13 AM
    • 144 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    Fisa002
    • 6th Feb 18, 12:13 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 12:13 AM
    I think you should only send what is required. Sometimes too much information may not help your case. I would make sure I have all documents they could possibly ask for scanned clearly on my phone ready in case they ask for them.
    If you go online on nationwide website they usually list the documents you may need.
    • Mermaid89
    • By Mermaid89 6th Feb 18, 7:49 AM
    • 48 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    Mermaid89
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:49 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:49 AM
    We are in the same position with Halifax. MB said to only send what they request, plus if they are only requesting sight of your payslips it may illustrate good credit
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 6th Feb 18, 8:12 AM
    • 10,460 Posts
    • 4,132 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:12 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:12 AM
    Golden rule if a Broker were handling this for you.

Send exactly what is requested but nothing else.
    Last edited by amnblog; 06-02-2018 at 3:31 PM.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • allyant
    • By allyant 6th Feb 18, 11:24 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    allyant
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:24 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:24 AM
    Recently applied for morgage with nationwide also as a FTB. They asked me for recent pay check and proof of deposit.

If I recall they won't ask for proof of deposit if you hold it in a Nationwide account already.
    • logan77
    • By logan77 6th Feb 18, 3:06 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    logan77
    • 6th Feb 18, 3:06 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 3:06 PM
    If all they want is one payslip, only give them one payslip
    I am a Mortgage and Life Insurance Advisor.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

338Posts Today

4,014Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin