Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ceewash
    • By ceewash 5th Feb 18, 11:21 PM
    • 940Posts
    • 186Thanks
    ceewash
    0 WOW
    Premium economy or business to China?
    • 5th Feb 18, 11:21 PM
    0 WOW
    Premium economy or business to China? 5th Feb 18 at 11:21 PM
    Planning a trip to Beijing and was wondering about treating ourselves to Premium economy, cheapest is about 900 with Air France, or paying the extra and going business, cheapest is SAS around 1500.
    Has anyone done these flights? Is business class worth the extra? Is there a big difference in business class between different airlines?
Page 2
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 6th Feb 18, 1:50 PM
    • 3,808 Posts
    • 5,234 Thanks
    Nick_C
    Sorry I was not much help then.
    Originally posted by pattycake
    I'm sure you've helped other people by raising awareness of a lesser known airline. Its not a bad price for non stop business class from the UK.
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 6th Feb 18, 1:52 PM
    • 12,073 Posts
    • 8,213 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    You are likely to save quite a lot of money by buying a long-haul premium class ticket departing from an airport outside the UK (because you save on the tax, which is higher on premium-class than economy-class tickets). Obviously you need to give yourself plenty of time in case the flight that takes you there from Manchester is late.

The Air France business class product is very nice, but Emirates gives slightly more room and a higher degree of comfort (although obviously Air France scores more highly on food and drink).
    • Doshwaster
    • By Doshwaster 6th Feb 18, 2:08 PM
    • 4,833 Posts
    • 3,955 Thanks
    Doshwaster
    Emirates very good as they use the A380's. One of the best economy class seats, lots of space and legroom. Wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
    Originally posted by WorriedFriend2017
    The Emirates A380 Economy is excellent and I actually now actually prefer it to BA's World Traveller Plus which is now a rather dated product even on their A380s. It's just a shame that Emirates don't do a Premium Economy as that would surely be incredible.

The downside with Emirates to the Far East that is does involve a stopover in Dubai so for the longest possible non-stop flight in business I would look at options from Amsterdam or other nearby European departure avoids to avoid the UK APD.
    • ceewash
    • By ceewash 6th Feb 18, 2:46 PM
    • 940 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    ceewash
    No it's all very useful. I'm thinking either one of the more expensive economy like Qatar or Emirates, or Luthansa Prem Econ, or SAS business. Just got to decide how much to spend.
    • slinga
    • By slinga 7th Feb 18, 2:47 AM
    • 1,136 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    slinga
    I see LOT fly from LHR and their First Class is GBP 1500 ish.
    It may not be considered a top of the range airline but they have a reputation to make.

When Vietnam Airlines started their FE flights from Heathrow instead of Gatwick we tried their BC flights and they were by far the cheapest but still very good.
    Last edited by slinga; 07-02-2018 at 2:52 AM.
    It's your money. Except if it's the governments.
    • Tiglath
    • By Tiglath 7th Feb 18, 3:29 AM
    • 3,555 Posts
    • 11,584 Thanks
    Tiglath
    Singapore Airlines Premium Economy was great to Singapore - don't know if they fly to China, but it felt luxurious to me.
    Looking forward to a move to the country!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,409Posts Today

7,862Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin