Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jimjames
    • By jimjames 5th Feb 18, 11:02 PM
    • 12,816Posts
    • 11,542Thanks
    jimjames
    ESE Solar Panel Free Health Check
    • 5th Feb 18, 11:02 PM
    ESE Solar Panel Free Health Check 5th Feb 18 at 11:02 PM
    Received a letter today marked "Important" from a company called ESE.

"Our records indicate you haven't received your free health check and service on your system and your warranty may be due to expire. Please contact our team to validate your warranty and book your health check"

The company is nothing to do with the installer of our system and I'm guessing is on a sales pitch to sell some sort of warranty. Quite what a health check on non maintenance panels will involve I don't know. Maybe I'm being too skeptical but the letter doesn't fill me with confidence. I'd hope if it was a genuine company it wouldn't be inducing some form of fault that then requires their assistance.

It also seems to suggest replacing inverters that are 5 years old with a new one with a 20 year warranty.

Has anyone had any similar contact from them?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
Page 2
    • Dave Fowler
    • By Dave Fowler 11th Oct 18, 8:05 AM
    • 488 Posts
    • 856 Thanks
    Dave Fowler
    That's not impossible, though I have had mine but street view pictures don't show my panels yet, while the satellite view does. They could still find the address but it's quite a lot of work for potentially little gain. But who knows???
    Originally posted by pinnks
    It looks as if Google Earth could be the source. We are ex-directory and off the public electoral roll. The letter we received was addressed to 'The home-owner'. Google Earth satellite view clearly shows our panels but they are hidden on street view.

Dave F
    Solar PV System 1: 2.96kWp South+8 degrees. Roof 38 degrees. 'Normal' system
    Solar PV System 2: 3.00kWp South-4 degrees. Roof 28 degrees. SolarEdge system
    EV car
    • Merlin139
    • By Merlin139 11th Oct 18, 8:27 AM
    • 5,266 Posts
    • 20,720 Thanks
    Merlin139
    It looks as if Google Earth could be the source. We are ex-directory and off the public electoral roll. The letter we received was addressed to 'The home-owner'. Google Earth satellite view clearly shows our panels but they are hidden on street view.

Dave F
    Originally posted by Dave Fowler
    I got my letter a few weeks ago. When I looked into this company about 6 months ago it was pointed out that the details of who FIT is paid to is in the public domain as to the address of properties that it is being paid to but no details of whom gets it.

I have not been able to find that list but may be looking in the wrong place.

Take a look at this thread as the company now posts on MSE.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5746599&page=2
    3.975 kWp PV SolarEdge System South Facing 10% Shading Installed 21 May 2014 Located in Mid East Yorkshire.
    • silverwhistle
    • By silverwhistle 11th Oct 18, 9:43 AM
    • 2,179 Posts
    • 3,077 Thanks
    silverwhistle
    Originally posted by Dave Fowler

Well, that would go straight in my recycling bin along with the letters I get regularly as I don't have a TV!

I'm more inclined to believe merlin's theory rather than some poor minimum wage sap or intern scrolling through Google Earth. As the FIT is (indirectly) public money it's reasonable for it to be in the public domain.
    • Trevsmate
    • By Trevsmate 1st Nov 18, 5:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Trevsmate
    Yes we recd that letter in August and ignored..then another this morning..just checked our guarantee and a phone call to them...ESE CONSULTANTS are under investigation.... So anyone receiving this letter has been told to ignore..the .."To the Home owner" pretty much gives it away..thats why we first ignored...
    • kalamater
    • By kalamater 7th Nov 18, 1:11 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kalamater
    grammar
    This company obviously listens to its clients Got my letter today.... the apostrophe has been removed so now reads "ESE Consultants Ltd"
    I smelled a rat, and coming on here has convinced where the letter will go....yup, the bin
    Thanks to everyone for confirming my suspicions
    • latitat
    • By latitat 10th Nov 18, 12:20 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    latitat
    Yes we recd that letter in August and ignored..then another this morning..just checked our guarantee and a phone call to them...ESE CONSULTANTS are under investigation.... So anyone receiving this letter has been told to ignore..the .."To the Home owner" pretty much gives it away..thats why we first ignored...
    Originally posted by Trevsmate
    Trevsmate (SR) who told you that they where under investigation?
    You have just stated that as a fact on a public forum so please expound?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

524Posts Today

5,609Users online

Martin's Twitter