Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JB83
    • By JB83 5th Feb 18, 10:23 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 23Thanks
    JB83
    LPS Reply, what do I do now?
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:23 PM
    LPS Reply, what do I do now? 5th Feb 18 at 10:23 PM
    Hi all and thank you in advance for you help.
    I got a ticket in a pub carpark last week. I went to the coop opposite the pub because I had no change, it was pretty busy in the que and when i got the ticket and went to the car I had a ticket. I have sent an initial email using a template i found on here which went:
    I am the keeper of the vehicle which received this purported 'parking charge'. There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. I am not liable and I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs are in small print and the onerous terms are not readable.

Should you fail to cancel this PCN immediately, I require the following information with your template rejection:

1. Does your charge represent damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    2. Please provide dated photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract.
    3. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.

I am alarmed by your contact and I do not give you consent to process any data relating to me, or this vehicle. I deny liability and will not respond to debt collectors. You must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA, and should you fail to respond accordingly, your company will be reported to the Information Commissioner.

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and will also be making a formal complaint to your client landowner.

If you are a current BPA member, send me a POPLA code. If you are an IPC firm, cease and desist with all contact.

Yours faithfully

I have now had a reply which went:

Thank you for your email dated 2nd February,

We advise that the Three Blackbirds car park operates as a pay and display system for all car park users. This is clearly stated on the signs located throughout the car park.

As no parking ticket was purchased and displayed in the vehicle, the parking charge notice was correctly issued.

The registered keeper is liable for payment of the unpaid Parking Charge Notice if they are unable to provide us with the driver’s details at the time the Parking Charge Notice was issued.

Please refer to Protections of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule four, for further details on this.

If you are able to provide us with the drivers details at the time the Parking Charge Notice was issued we will contact them directly. If you cannot provide us with these details we will have no option but to pursue the claim against you as the registered keeper.

Kind Regards,

Now I have no idea what to reply to that, can any one help?
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Feb 18, 10:27 PM
    • 58,460 Posts
    • 71,971 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:27 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:27 PM
    Nothing, just wait for the rejection letter to you as keeper.

Which LPS, the BPA firm? What is their full name?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• JB83
    • By JB83 5th Feb 18, 10:29 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    JB83
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:29 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:29 PM
    Local Parking Security LTD.

They dont have my address and its a lease car which is why I sent the email so soon.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Feb 18, 10:52 PM
    • 58,460 Posts
    • 71,971 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:52 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:52 PM
    So...you haven't given your address in your email appeal? Why not?!!

Eeek, you MUST or they will get the keeper data from the DVLA.

State that you are the lessee of the car and your full details (name and address) are:

xxxxxxx
    xxxxxx
    xxxxxx
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• JB83
    • By JB83 5th Feb 18, 11:01 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    JB83
    • 5th Feb 18, 11:01 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 11:01 PM
    ok thanks, ill do that in the morning. Also, they have ignored my request for the photos of the car, should I mention that again?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Feb 18, 11:04 PM
    • 58,460 Posts
    • 71,971 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 5th Feb 18, 11:04 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 11:04 PM
    Yes I would do so, and remind them that the BPA Code of Practice requires them to supply photographic evidence. Be careful not to imply who parked. Double check your words.

• JB83
    • By JB83 6th Feb 18, 7:48 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    JB83
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:48 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:48 AM
    Thanks very much, one more thing. Should I mention the reason why there was not a ticket on there?
    So far I havent given any reason for not having a ticket, im still so angry at the whole thing.
    They must have been hiding and seen me go across the road and immediately put a ticket on.
    I know I had a nightmare getting a bit of change a the shop (thats a whole other story) but i came back to get the ticket and then went to the car and found the ticket. There was 9 mins between the both so there was no grace period what so ever.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 6th Feb 18, 8:06 AM
    • 9,500 Posts
    • 9,261 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:06 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:06 AM
    Have you seen this

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

It is worth complaining to your MP, £100 is ridiculous as you have part paid, you had no intention of bilking, and a Council fine would probably be much less.
    Last edited by The Deep; 06-02-2018 at 9:01 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • JB83
    • By JB83 7th Feb 18, 8:11 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    JB83
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:11 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:11 AM
    So should I mention in my reply the nightmare i had trying to get some change for a ticket?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 7th Feb 18, 8:17 AM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    parking Co,s dont do nightmares , they cause them , but do not care about causing them

you are allowed a grace period to park up and pay , typically 5 mins (can vary)
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • JB83
    • By JB83 7th Feb 18, 8:32 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    JB83
    Ive just the following.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Can I remind you that the BPA code of practice requires that you supply any photographic evidence you have taken.

I am the lessee of the vehicle in question, my details are as follows:

xxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxx
    xxxxx
    xxxxxx
    • JB83
    • By JB83 12th Feb 18, 10:03 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    JB83
    Hi all,

I have had this reply from them but I don't know what to do next, can anyone help and advise?

Thanks

Parking charge notice:*****

Thank you for your email dated: *th February 2018

We advise that the Three Blackbirds car park operates as a pay and display system for all car park users, this is clearly stated on all signs located throughout the car park.

As no ticket was purchased or displayed the above parking charge notice was correctly issued.

Please see attached our photographic evidence, please note all our photos are time and date stamped.

Thank you for your appeal against the parking charge notice issued by us to you on the 31st January 2018. Having carefully considered the evidence provided by you we regret your appeal has been unsuccessful for the following reasons:

• Parking without displaying a valid ticket

You now have a number of options:

1. Pay the parking charge Notice at the reduced amount of £50.00 within 14 days. Please note that after this time the parking charge notice will increase to £85.00.

2. Make an appeal to POPLA – The independent Appeals Service by visiting ****************** and submitting your appeal online. Please note that if you wish to appeal to POPLA, you will lose the right to pay the charge at the discounted rate of £50.00, and should POPLA’s decision not go in your favour you will be required to pay the full amount of £85.00. If you opt to pay the parking charge you will be unable to appeal to POPLA.

3. If you choose to do nothing we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery procedures and may proceed with Court action against you.

You have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure.

If you wish to appeal to POPLA, please submit your appeal online by visiting
    When submitting your appeal to POPLA, please use verification code ***********
    Please note that you have 28 days from the date of this email to submit your appeal to provides an alternative dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal. However, we have not chosen to participate in their alternative dispute resolution service. As such should you wish to appeal then you must do so to POPLA, as explained above.
    Last edited by JB83; 12-02-2018 at 12:42 PM.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 12th Feb 18, 10:21 AM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    2. Make an appeal to POPLA !!!8211; The independent Appeals Service by visiting ****************** and submitting your appeal online. Please note that if you wish to appeal to POPLA, you will lose the right to pay the charge at the discounted rate of £50.00, and should POPLA!!!8217;s decision not go in your favour you will be required to pay the full amount of £85.00. If you opt to pay the parking charge you will be unable to appeal to POPLA

savor that , and quote it when they start inflating the price , they have stated £85 , no more no less , hell its going to cost them almost £30 for a POPLa appeal

it may be rather expensive for them if they take you to court .
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • JB83
    • By JB83 12th Feb 18, 11:49 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    JB83
    Thanks for your reply, what should I put in the appeal?

Should I tell them exactly what happened at this stage?

Is there any templates I can use/adapt to POPLA that anyone knows of?

Thanks again
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Feb 18, 11:55 AM
    • 9,500 Posts
    • 9,261 Thanks
    The Deep
    You are asking too many very basic questions, and not doing enough research yourself.

The answer to most/all of these are available here, or on peppipoo, Parking Cowboys. Legal Beagles, CAG, Honest John, etc., if you can be bothered to look.
    Last edited by The Deep; 12-02-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Johno100
    • By Johno100 12th Feb 18, 11:58 AM
    • 3,762 Posts
    • 4,428 Thanks
    Johno100
    Best to remove all your identifying details including the popla code from your 10:03am post. Parking companies do monitor this forum.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Feb 18, 12:41 PM
    • 7,694 Posts
    • 7,407 Thanks
    KeithP
    JB83, it was suggested you remove your PoPLA code from post #12.

Or perhaps you are happy to let someone else with perhaps a different agenda to you appeal on your behalf.
    • JB83
    • By JB83 12th Feb 18, 12:45 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    JB83
    I thought I had done it, has it gone now?

Im struggling to work out what to put in the appeal to POPLA, but I am trying.
    Don't want to ask any more questions on here as people are loosing patience with me.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Feb 18, 12:50 PM
    • 7,694 Posts
    • 7,407 Thanks
    KeithP
    Have you read post #3 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread yet?

There is comprehensive guidance on constructing a PoPLA appeal there.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Feb 18, 3:41 PM
    • 58,460 Posts
    • 71,971 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Is there any templates I can use/adapt to POPLA that anyone knows of?
    Originally posted by JB83
    Of course, in the NEWBIES thread post #3 where the POPLA templates are...

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,326Posts Today

7,851Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin