Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PompeyJon82
    • By PompeyJon82 5th Feb 18, 9:32 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    PompeyJon82
    Buying a Home, am I needed?
    • 5th Feb 18, 9:32 PM
    Buying a Home, am I needed? 5th Feb 18 at 9:32 PM
    Hi
    I have a mortgage and I have made an offer in a property that has been accepted bit I need to go abroad for work. Can I complete while abroad?
Page 1
    • buggy_boy
    • By buggy_boy 5th Feb 18, 9:45 PM
    • 458 Posts
    • 324 Thanks
    buggy_boy
    • 5th Feb 18, 9:45 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 9:45 PM
    Hi
    I have a mortgage and I have made an offer in a property that has been accepted bit I need to go abroad for work. Can I complete while abroad?
    Originally posted by PompeyJon82
    Yes, I have bought property that has gone through probate where relatives are abroad... Best though to tell the solicitor so they can do any of the ID checks now. Might take a bit longer as things will need to be posted, but should not be an issue.
    • PompeyJon82
    • By PompeyJon82 5th Feb 18, 10:28 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PompeyJon82
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:28 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:28 PM
    Yes, I have bought property that has gone through probate where relatives are abroad... Best though to tell the solicitor so they can do any of the ID checks now. Might take a bit longer as things will need to be posted, but should not be an issue.
    Originally posted by buggy_boy
    Thanks for the info. I forgot about ID. Could I email that?
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 5th Feb 18, 10:32 PM
    • 7,827 Posts
    • 8,002 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:32 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:32 PM
    Thanks for the info. I forgot about ID. Could I email that?
    Originally posted by PompeyJon82
    You'd need to check with your solicitor what they need, there aren't standard requirements. Often they will need to see principal documents.
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 5th Feb 18, 11:04 PM
    • 9,605 Posts
    • 10,683 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    • 5th Feb 18, 11:04 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 11:04 PM
    I think you mean exchange, not complete. It doesn't matter where you are at completion.
    Whilst it also doesn't matter at exchange you do need to have passed various checks and some of those may involve the need to be physically present, or to present original ID.
    You could see a solicitor and get them to do whatever checks are needed physically before you go,and then give them power of attorney to sign documents on your behalf, whatever is needed for exchange.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

216Posts Today

1,922Users online

Martin's Twitter