Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shellsuit
    • By shellsuit 5th Feb 18, 9:25 PM
    • 23,014Posts
    • 41,912Thanks
    shellsuit
    Companies who you DON'T owe money to?
    • 5th Feb 18, 9:25 PM
    Companies who you DON'T owe money to? 5th Feb 18 at 9:25 PM
    Hi folks,

Long time since I've ventured on this board, let alone the site!

I'm asking a question for a friend, I've looked and looked but can't find the answer.

Say for example you have 5 credit cards.

You owe a shedload on 3 (hence the need for BR) of them, but the other 2, you owe nothing.

Do these have to be mentioned in your form or do you just mention them to the OR as you go along the process?

Thanks in advance!
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
Page 1
    • TheGardener
    • By TheGardener 6th Feb 18, 7:23 AM
    • 2,277 Posts
    • 2,169 Thanks
    TheGardener
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:23 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:23 AM
    You should include them - the OR will know they exist anyway from the credit files.
    • shellsuit
    • By shellsuit 6th Feb 18, 8:58 PM
    • 23,014 Posts
    • 41,912 Thanks
    shellsuit
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:58 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:58 PM
    You should include them - the OR will know they exist anyway from the credit files.
    Originally posted by TheGardener
    Thanks for reply. Pal is worried, because she thinks they're not a creditor as she doesn't owe them anything, plus on the form (I've not looked so can't tell) online, it just asks for creditors you owe money to?

I'm wondering if she can give that into to the OR in the phone interview?
    • TheGardener
    • By TheGardener 6th Feb 18, 9:13 PM
    • 2,277 Posts
    • 2,169 Thanks
    TheGardener
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:13 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:13 PM
    I filed under the old paper work in court system so I don't know what the new forms look like but there used to be a space where you listed ALL accounts and cards, regardless of if they were in arrears. If the new forms only ask for creditors then don't list them - but what I mean is that the OR will know she has the other cards from her credit file and will most likely tell them anyway. Its generally a breach of the T&C's of any credit provider that your account will be closed anyway if you are made BR - even if the account is not in arrears/debt.
    • shellsuit
    • By shellsuit 6th Feb 18, 11:56 PM
    • 23,014 Posts
    • 41,912 Thanks
    shellsuit
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:56 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:56 PM
    I filed under the old paper work in court system so I don't know what the new forms look like but there used to be a space where you listed ALL accounts and cards, regardless of if they were in arrears. If the new forms only ask for creditors then don't list them - but what I mean is that the OR will know she has the other cards from her credit file and will most likely tell them anyway. Its generally a breach of the T&C's of any credit provider that your account will be closed anyway if you are made BR - even if the account is not in arrears/debt.
    Originally posted by TheGardener
    Apparently the form is nothing like the old paper style, it took her about 10 mins to fill in but she's saved it and not submitted yet as she was unsure about these people she has accounts with but doesn't owe money to.

So long as she mentions any of those accounts to the OR, that should be sufficient shouldn't it? She doesn't want to come across like she's keeping quiet or holding info back, even if the OR would find out the info themselves.

I've been reading up and I can't believe how easy and quick the BR process is now. I had to go BR 12 years ago, the paperwork took ages, and asked allsorts, then the waiting, the date in court etc, now it seems it's over and done with in less than a week!
    • TheGardener
    • By TheGardener 7th Feb 18, 8:29 AM
    • 2,277 Posts
    • 2,169 Thanks
    TheGardener
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:29 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:29 AM
    If there is no place to list ALL accounts and cards then I guess all she can do is tell the OR about them - who as I say, should be aware of them anyway.
    • haggis0073
    • By haggis0073 7th Feb 18, 8:45 AM
    • 157 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    haggis0073
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:45 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:45 AM
    On the online forms there is a section called "Money you owe", its section 5, it then asks for creditors address and how much is oweing,

I had a argos card with nothing oweing on it (750), i did not put this on the form BUT i did mention this to the OR during interview, she then took the details from me, account was closed a month later due to breach of the terms or something like that

Personally i would tell your friend to definetly mention this during interview as you are not allowed more than 500 in credit without letting the lender know.
    • shellsuit
    • By shellsuit 7th Feb 18, 12:36 PM
    • 23,014 Posts
    • 41,912 Thanks
    shellsuit
    • 7th Feb 18, 12:36 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 12:36 PM
    On the online forms there is a section called "Money you owe", its section 5, it then asks for creditors address and how much is oweing,

I had a argos card with nothing oweing on it (750), i did not put this on the form BUT i did mention this to the OR during interview, she then took the details from me, account was closed a month later due to breach of the terms or something like that

Personally i would tell your friend to definetly mention this during interview as you are not allowed more than 500 in credit without letting the lender know.
    Originally posted by haggis0073
    Oh God yes, she is definitely going to mention those accounts to the OR, just worried if she didn't put them down on the initial form she might get into trouble.

Thanks for the advice
    • haggis0073
    • By haggis0073 8th Feb 18, 9:29 AM
    • 157 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    haggis0073
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:29 AM
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:29 AM
    if your friend is really worried, you can ring the insolvency help line and they will give further guidance
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

137Posts Today

1,358Users online

Martin's Twitter