Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • l.c.elliott
    • By l.c.elliott 5th Feb 18, 7:49 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    l.c.elliott
    Hermes problems with delivery
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:49 PM
    Hermes problems with delivery 5th Feb 18 at 7:49 PM
    So I bought an item off eBay which the seller sent via Hermes.
    Turns out Hermes are not easy to work with.
    I knew I was gonna be most likely out when they tried delivering so I put to leave with a neighbour.
    However they did not bother to leave with a neighbour.
    There is also no option to speak to a human being - all 3 options on the phone just eventually disconnect the call.
    Can anyone advise what to do please?
Page 1
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 5th Feb 18, 8:20 PM
    • 20,437 Posts
    • 12,659 Thanks
    dacouch
    • 5th Feb 18, 8:20 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 8:20 PM
    They will reattempt two more times
    • l.c.elliott
    • By l.c.elliott 5th Feb 18, 8:27 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    l.c.elliott
    • 5th Feb 18, 8:27 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 8:27 PM
    But I'm gonna be out...hence asking for it to be delivered to a neighbour...
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 5th Feb 18, 9:07 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 5th Feb 18, 9:07 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 9:07 PM
    big notice nailed to door sayang "hermes , please deliver to number "xx"" works for me
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • biscit
    • By biscit 7th Feb 18, 5:27 PM
    • 956 Posts
    • 791 Thanks
    biscit
    • 7th Feb 18, 5:27 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 5:27 PM
    Basically a courier has about 2 minutes to deliver your parcel if they want to deliver enough parcels to make minimum wasge. This includes driving to you from the previous property. So they knock on your door, wait for an answer, look for a safe place, and then knock on a neighbour's door... and their time is up. They only have enough time to try one, maybe two neighbours.

S/he won't have been paid for a failed attempt so not leaving your parcel won't be done lightly.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

1,642Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin