Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ka12
    • By ka12 5th Feb 18, 7:11 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ka12
    Nonsense informal letter - still worth to try?
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:11 PM
    Nonsense informal letter - still worth to try? 5th Feb 18 at 7:11 PM
    Hi,

I didn't see the thread mention any nonsense approach and just wonder will it still workable for an IPC member company?

The car in trouble was parked in front of a small shop which the driver can't see the sign as it is night time, and he had talked to the shop owner next day, he took his ticket reference and vehicle details and said will ring the company to help, but he can't grantee the charge will drop. He said he won't receive any payout from the fine even it is stated under his shop 's name. So, it that true? To me, it is like he let somebody else to make money on his land.

Basically, it is a road had lots of small shop with free car parks in front of them. It is last Thursay, and all shop was closed at the time, expect one. The driver did checked with that opened shop and asked if it is okay to park at other shops, and the guy said yes as far as the shop was closed.

There were like more than 12 empty parking spaces around, so the driver parked in front of this small shop, and his friend park at the other shop next to him. But he didn't get any parking notice. In that situation, the driver was genuinely had no clue that is a notice display, otherwise he will park at other shop where his friend didn't got a PCN or maybe that may be applied at other shop, but the friend just got lucky.

The shop owner tried to ask the driver for a mobile number, said just to update him the status. However, had been refused in case that will be a proof of admission for the charge. But he did apologized to the owner and explained that was not intentional. The driver did want to bring a box chocolate to the shop owner in person to say sorry, and will that be appropriate? Or asking for trouble?

The intention of this thread is try to understand can those PCN sorted between the driver/keeper and landlord? And the location is England Midland area.

Then, will that be okay to send a informal letter as the nonsense template to say the driver will not pay the fine with reasons as above listed + the landlord had dropped the charge? Without mentioned any name and address on the letter, but only state the ticket reference and car registration.

In this letter, can the car keeper also give a warning to the ticket company and ask them don't attempt to take any further action or ask for any personal data from DVLA as the case is resolved due to the personal data protection Act?

And can the keeper email DVLA to stop them to provide any further assist or information to the IPC base on the invalidation of this ticket?

Sorry for the long thread, but I can't really find a clear answer on what I want to know. And thanks for all your help in advance.
Page 1
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 5th Feb 18, 7:14 PM
    • 2,801 Posts
    • 4,203 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:14 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:14 PM
    Try reading the Newbies thread PLEASE!!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 5th Feb 18, 7:15 PM
    • 17,341 Posts
    • 27,314 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:15 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:15 PM
    I didn't see the thread mention any nonsense approach and just wonder will it still workable for an IPC member company?
    Nothing works for an IPC AOS member.

Send them the initial appeal from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1, then ignore anything other than a LBC or MCOL. Follow advice, because anything that can be tried has been tried. You have no showstopper in your suggestions.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 5th Feb 18, 7:20 PM
    • 2,801 Posts
    • 4,203 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:20 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:20 PM
    Nothing works for an IPC AOS member.
    You have no showstopper in your suggestions.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Box of chocolates was an interesting approach!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,846Posts Today

7,871Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I hate customer service lines that ALWAYS say, every time you ring (at any time in the day)... "sorry we are experi? https://t.co/GGCGM0WNai

• After the news I'm suing facebook over scam ads, people keep sending me ads with my pic in asking, ?is THIS ad with? https://t.co/lhTmijgnWt

• So Facebook just waxed lyrical about all the things they're doing to stop fake ads. Whoop de whoop. Yet THESE SCA? https://t.co/hP4q6kRuuQ

• Follow Martin