Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • robot-rocker
    • By robot-rocker 5th Feb 18, 7:00 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    robot-rocker
    Ikea finance and credit score
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:00 PM
    Ikea finance and credit score 5th Feb 18 at 7:00 PM
    Hello, apologies if this has been discussed before but I wasn't able to find a straight answer to this question.

I am in the process of buying my first flat and I see that Ikea offers interest free credit on purchases above 600. I am planning to spend around 2000 in furniture.

I was wondering how hard is it to get the deal with them? My credit score is currently around 750 (was 800 before the mortgage application) and I have a full time job, I also never missed a credit repayment so far.

Also I would be interested to know what the process is? Do they give you an immediate response in store?

Thanks,
    Paolo
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 5th Feb 18, 7:04 PM
    • 16,856 Posts
    • 17,875 Thanks
    zx81
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:04 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:04 PM
    Store credit is generally easier to get, as it's usage is limited to a single retailer. Acceptance will depend on income, affordability, debts, other available credit and so on - but not on your credit score.

But don't do anything until you have completed on your mortgage.
    • cjmillsnun
    • By cjmillsnun 5th Feb 18, 7:23 PM
    • 600 Posts
    • 732 Thanks
    cjmillsnun
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:23 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:23 PM
    The "score" is irrelevant. Your credit history is. If that along with the information given by you in your application meets their criteria, then you'll get what you need. In most cases they are likely to give a yes or no in store.

As zx81 says do not apply before completion. An application for credit can stop your mortgage going through.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 5th Feb 18, 7:43 PM
    • 31,690 Posts
    • 19,986 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:43 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:43 PM
    Hello, apologies if this has been discussed before but I wasn't able to find a straight answer to this question.

I am in the process of buying my first flat and I see that Ikea offers interest free credit on purchases above 600. I am planning to spend around 2000 in furniture.

I was wondering how hard is it to get the deal with them? My credit score is currently around 750 (was 800 before the mortgage application) and I have a full time job, I also never missed a credit repayment so far.

Also I would be interested to know what the process is? Do they give you an immediate response in store?

Thanks,
    Paolo
    Originally posted by robot-rocker
    I suspect they could give an answer in store but each customer may be different eg different circumstances, more debt.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • robot-rocker
    • By robot-rocker 5th Feb 18, 7:55 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    robot-rocker
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:55 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:55 PM
    Store credit is generally easier to get, as it's usage is limited to a single retailer. Acceptance will depend on income, affordability, debts, other available credit and so on - but not on your credit score.

But don't do anything until you have completed on your mortgage.
    Originally posted by zx81
    Thanks, by completed you mean payed the first month? I didn't know that would be a problem but I was going to do this after I move in anyway. I already have an offer, I am just waiting for the contract exchange to take place.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 5th Feb 18, 7:58 PM
    • 16,856 Posts
    • 17,875 Thanks
    zx81
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:58 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:58 PM
    After completion. Not after exchange.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

537Posts Today

5,487Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin