Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mystic_bertie
    • By mystic_bertie 5th Feb 18, 5:36 PM
    • 525Posts
    • 71Thanks
    mystic_bertie
    Help 2 Buy Available For A LTD Company Contractor?
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:36 PM
    Help 2 Buy Available For A LTD Company Contractor? 5th Feb 18 at 5:36 PM
    I am a ltd company self employed contractor. I have not been contracting for 2 years yet but i have a decision in principal from Halifax for a 90% LTV mortgage. This was done through a broker.

I was not aware that the help to buy scheme was not only for first time buyers. Is this something that would be available to me as a self employed contractor ltd company?

Im not that bothered about buying a new build house as they are very expensive and very small. I am struggling to find anything pre-owned as my budget is set at a maximum of 170k. In Coventry and Leicester area this does not get you much for your money. There is plenty of houses on the market but finding one that is reasonably decent is very very hard indeed.

So i may consider a new build if i can find one that has is a reasonable size.
Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 5th Feb 18, 5:40 PM
    • 33,351 Posts
    • 18,042 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:40 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:40 PM
    Yes, HTB isn't FTB only.

Yes, there are lenders which will lend 90% based on your daily rate.

Yes, Halifax doesn't require you to have been contracting for two years.

Yes, HTB is newbuild only.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 5th Feb 18, 5:57 PM
    • 2,602 Posts
    • 3,327 Thanks
    unforeseen
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:57 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:57 PM
    I am a ltd company self employed contractor. .
    Originally posted by mystic_bertie

Just being a little pedantic, you are not self employed. You are employed by your Ltd Co.

It can be an important difference
    Last edited by unforeseen; 05-02-2018 at 6:05 PM.
    • mystic_bertie
    • By mystic_bertie 5th Feb 18, 6:10 PM
    • 525 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    mystic_bertie
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:10 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:10 PM
    Yes, HTB isn't FTB only.

Yes, there are lenders which will lend 90% based on your daily rate.

Yes, Halifax doesn't require you to have been contracting for two years.

Yes, HTB is newbuild only.
    Originally posted by kingstreet
    Great thanks for clearing that up for me. Is HTB available to a LTD company contractor or it restricted to regular borrowers?

Just being a little pedantic, you are not self employed. You are employed by your Ltd Co.

It can be an important difference
    Originally posted by unforeseen
    Hmm yes. What is the easiest way of putting it across so everyone understands my true situation. I feel self employed ltd company contractor is an easy way of putting it across although im happy to be corrected
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 5th Feb 18, 9:12 PM
    • 10,460 Posts
    • 4,132 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 5th Feb 18, 9:12 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 9:12 PM
    A Contractor is a (self employed) regular borrower who can use Help to Buy.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • mystic_bertie
    • By mystic_bertie 5th Feb 18, 9:52 PM
    • 525 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    mystic_bertie
    • 5th Feb 18, 9:52 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 9:52 PM
    A Contractor is a (self employed) regular borrower who can use Help to Buy.
    Originally posted by amnblog
    Many thanks for your reply. Glad to hear it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

2,093Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin