Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Newbiejono
    • By Newbiejono 5th Feb 18, 4:51 PM
    • 61Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Newbiejono
    What Documents Solisitor Need
    • 5th Feb 18, 4:51 PM
    What Documents Solisitor Need 5th Feb 18 at 4:51 PM
    We selling house, it has new windows about 4 years ago but never had any documents, also had new boiler, I have a cert for this. Was rewired 7 years ago but lost cert.

Will Solisitor need to see all these docs.
Page 1
    • G_M
    • By G_M 5th Feb 18, 5:08 PM
    • 43,787 Posts
    • 51,754 Thanks
    G_M
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:08 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:08 PM
    Well your buyer is likely to want to see them.

Who did the windows? Were they FENSA /CERTASS registered? If so, contact FENSA /CERTASS.

Contact yourelectrian, or check if he signed off Building Regs with your council.
    • Newbiejono
    • By Newbiejono 5th Feb 18, 5:17 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Newbiejono
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:17 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:17 PM
    my buyer is my mother lol ?

wil the Solisitor require these things. or can I say they where done long time ago ?
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 5th Feb 18, 5:49 PM
    • 7,314 Posts
    • 7,354 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:49 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:49 PM
    The solicitor doesn't personally give a toss, but is merely advising purchasers (and their lenders) what they might want. So if your mum is buying with a mortgage, her lender might want the paperwork, and if she has any sense, she might want to get everything which a future buyer or lender might ask for.
    • Fisa002
    • By Fisa002 5th Feb 18, 7:49 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    Fisa002
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:49 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 7:49 PM
    Are you selling your current home to your mother, and your in the process of buying another one in your name?
    • Newbiejono
    • By Newbiejono 5th Feb 18, 8:50 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Newbiejono
    • 5th Feb 18, 8:50 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 8:50 PM
    I am buyer her home
    • cjmillsnun
    • By cjmillsnun 5th Feb 18, 10:34 PM
    • 596 Posts
    • 724 Thanks
    cjmillsnun
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:34 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:34 PM
    You may be able to find details of the installation if the electrician was a member of NICEIC or ELECSA (they are now one and the same - both run by Certsure)

www.checkmynotification.com A copy certificate will cost £10.

If your electrician was a member of NAPIT it's not quite as easy. However you can call them on 03455430330 or email at info@napit.org.uk and they may be able to help.
    • Fisa002
    • By Fisa002 5th Feb 18, 10:45 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    Fisa002
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:45 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:45 PM
    I!!!8217;m confused. You say earlier that your buyer is your mother. Now your saying your the buyer for her home. Yet in your original post you say WE are selling a house.

If you want honest advice on here I guess you should be honest aswell.

By the way, what happened to your English? In your other threads it seems ok

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5788240
    • Newbiejono
    • By Newbiejono 11th Feb 18, 9:35 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Newbiejono
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:35 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:35 PM
    why are you confused, we are swapping houses. I am buying hers, she is buying mine.

also please don't mock me, my English is terrible because I am dyslexic.

I want advise but not from people like you
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 11th Feb 18, 9:52 PM
    • 7,314 Posts
    • 7,354 Thanks
    davidmcn
    why are you confused, we are swapping houses.
    Originally posted by Newbiejono
    We were confused because it's only now that you've told us you're swapping houses.
    • G_M
    • By G_M 11th Feb 18, 10:15 PM
    • 43,787 Posts
    • 51,754 Thanks
    G_M
    If you don't explain your plans fully at the start, but drip-feed information post by post, people will

* get confused and

* get fed up.

I'm certainly one of those two, so won't be assisting.
    • Fisa002
    • By Fisa002 11th Feb 18, 11:26 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    Fisa002
    If you don't explain your plans fully at the start, but drip-feed information post by post, people will

* get confused and

* get fed up.

I'm certainly one of those two, so won't be assisting.
    Originally posted by G_M

I concur with the above sentiments. I have offered this OP advice on a few other threads. Hence why I picked up this one that didnt Make sense. His attitude doesnít do him any favours. Fair enough if you donít want any advice from here. Like another user posted ask your solicitor itís what you pay them for. Your reply saying nah, shows your arrogance. Hence I wonít contribute any further to your posts.
    • Newbiejono
    • By Newbiejono 12th Feb 18, 8:49 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Newbiejono
    calm down now everyone. no big deal.

I am sorting my mothers sale, purchase and my sale purchase.

I get confused my self most of the time. some times I word posts from different perspectives.
    Last edited by Newbiejono; 12-02-2018 at 8:51 PM.
    • bowlhead99
    • By bowlhead99 12th Feb 18, 8:58 PM
    • 7,692 Posts
    • 14,064 Thanks
    bowlhead99
    calm down now everyone. no big deal.

I am sorting my mothers sale, purchase and my sale purchase.

I get confused my self most of the time. some times I word posts from different perspectives.
    As you and your mum will both have solicitors representing your interests, that's two different people you could email asking whether the buying solicitor wants or needs to see the certificates and/or whether the selling solicitor recommends you supply them and what they recommend you do if you've lost them.

Then you could come back and word the post as your solicitor telling us how it was resolved.
    • Newbiejono
    • By Newbiejono 12th Feb 18, 9:05 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Newbiejono
    Not reached the solicitor stage yet, still trying to get a mortgage on my end. Just trying to get documents together ready.
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 12th Feb 18, 9:32 PM
    • 58,178 Posts
    • 51,549 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    Not reached the solicitor stage yet, still trying to get a mortgage on my end. Just trying to get documents together ready.
    Then the solicitor representing the mortgage lender (and yourself). Will inform you of what's required.
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
    • Newbiejono
    • By Newbiejono 12th Feb 18, 9:45 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Newbiejono
    yes. was just trying to get what I need together instead of waiting for them to ask... if you know what I mean.

it prob easier I just say I don't know when the house was rewired. if they ask
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,282Posts Today

5,783Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin