Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jockserb
    • By jockserb 5th Feb 18, 4:43 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 1Thanks
    jockserb
    Landlord
    • 5th Feb 18, 4:43 PM
    Landlord 5th Feb 18 at 4:43 PM
    Can anyone tell me how to find out who owns and rents out flat next door to me in Scotland.
Page 1
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 5th Feb 18, 4:51 PM
    • 2,970 Posts
    • 2,938 Thanks
    Comms69
    • 5th Feb 18, 4:51 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 4:51 PM
    Can anyone tell me how to find out who owns and rents out flat next door to me in Scotland.
    Originally posted by jockserb

Yes. - ask your council. All LLs must be registered in Scotland.

The bigger question is - Why?
    • chib
    • By chib 5th Feb 18, 5:01 PM
    • 492 Posts
    • 1,350 Thanks
    chib
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:01 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:01 PM
    This website should help you - https://www.landlordregistrationscotland.gov.uk/search

Three out of my four previous rental properties have the correct landlord details showing - the one who doesn't I suspect isn't registered as a landlord for that property.
    • theartfullodger
    • By theartfullodger 5th Feb 18, 5:32 PM
    • 9,527 Posts
    • 12,777 Thanks
    theartfullodger
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:32 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:32 PM
    Yes. - ask your council. All LLs must be registered in Scotland.....?
    Originally posted by Comms69
    Only private landlords. Not council or housing association
    • pinklady21
    • By pinklady21 5th Feb 18, 5:48 PM
    • 561 Posts
    • 383 Thanks
    pinklady21
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:48 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 5:48 PM
    If you want to find out who the owner is, you can contact Registers of Scotland. For a fee they will send you a copy of the Title Deeds, which should show the name of the owner. These might also show their address, if they live elsewhere. This is not, however, guaranteed. Why do you want to know?
    • theartfullodger
    • By theartfullodger 5th Feb 18, 10:28 PM
    • 9,527 Posts
    • 12,777 Thanks
    theartfullodger
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:28 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:28 PM
    In Scotland the landlord (private only, funny that) is responsible for anti-social behaviour by tenant. See Shelter's website
    • gld73
    • By gld73 7th Feb 18, 11:09 PM
    • 203 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    gld73
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:09 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:09 PM
    This website should help you - https://www.landlordregistrationscotland.gov.uk/search

Three out of my four previous rental properties have the correct landlord details showing - the one who doesn't I suspect isn't registered as a landlord for that property.
    Originally posted by chib
    Hmmm .... I rent out 2 properties and when I go to my own details on the landlord registration scotland site, it shows I've registered them both. But having just searched the 2 properties via the above link (the same website, just a different part of the site), it shows me as the landlord for one but that there's no landlord for the other. Bizarre! I'm not too worried personally as I can easily prove I'm registered if the council ever checks - but it shows that anyone searching just using an address can't rely 100% on the search facility above!
    • glennevis
    • By glennevis 7th Feb 18, 11:40 PM
    • 167 Posts
    • 133 Thanks
    glennevis
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:40 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:40 PM
    Sometimes when you use the landlord registration site to search by address, you get the landlord's agent details not the owner.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

405Posts Today

4,201Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin