Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • I am spartacus
    • By I am spartacus 5th Feb 18, 4:42 PM
    • 94Posts
    • 91Thanks
    I am spartacus
    Due a partial refund Power of Attorney fees?
    • 5th Feb 18, 4:42 PM
    Due a partial refund Power of Attorney fees? 5th Feb 18 at 4:42 PM
    Hi everybody,
    Iíve been a long term browser of this site, finally plucked up courage to join and get involved.
    Please be gentle with me - first time poster!

Just a heads up really, I canít take any direct credit as the information I originally got from Martinís amazingly useful site.
    The Government has decided to partially refund anyone who has applied for a Power of Attorney in the last few years.

My Sister and I took one out for our Father a few years ago, so I completed the required details online on Friday just gone, very easy site to work through, informed that refund should be back in my Fathers account within 12 weeks.

If you have applied for a Power of Attorney within the last few years (check the criteria on above links - sorry people as I'm a newcomer I can't Post links, but the search engine is our friend, Good Luck) itís well worth applying, as someone once said ďEvery Little HelpsĒ
    Take Care
Page 1
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 6th Feb 18, 9:25 AM
    • 7,612 Posts
    • 5,011 Thanks
    Biggles
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:25 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:25 AM
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/power-of-attorney-fee-refund-scheme-launched
    • I am spartacus
    • By I am spartacus 6th Feb 18, 4:00 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    I am spartacus
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:00 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 4:00 PM
    Thanks Biggles for posting the link I was unable to ;-)
    • Peirre
    • By Peirre 8th Feb 18, 2:02 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Peirre
    • 8th Feb 18, 2:02 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 2:02 PM
    So day 1 of the reclaim scheme has begun, its a pitty the OPG didn!!!8217;t foresee the demand and bring in more call handlers, as it appears impossible to get through to them on the phone**, several times I!!!8217;ve tried but if I!!!8217;m lucky I!!!8217;ll end up in the queue somewhere around #40 where if I!!!8217;m even luckier I!!!8217;ll move up the queue to around #32, but after being on the phone for 4mins+ I get cut off time, after time, after time.

Unfortunately as my father died last March I cannot claim the refund online, the website directs me to contact the OPG by phone to claim
    • badmemory
    • By badmemory 8th Feb 18, 3:54 PM
    • 1,704 Posts
    • 2,296 Thanks
    badmemory
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:54 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:54 PM
    This is what always happens when they tell MSE, I claimed last Thursday (1st Feb).

I believe the papers have just got around to writing about it! I guess we have to make the choice between so many of us finding out quickly so that the call handlers can't cope for a couple of weeks OR depend on seeing the odd random article in the paper without missing the final deadline. I know which I would prefer.
    • Peirre
    • By Peirre 9th Feb 18, 12:05 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Peirre
    • 9th Feb 18, 12:05 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 12:05 PM
    Well after several more attempts I managed to get down to #24 in the queue after 12 mins on hold before getting cut off
    • spirit
    • By spirit 10th Feb 18, 6:41 AM
    • 2,717 Posts
    • 6,212 Thanks
    spirit
    • 10th Feb 18, 6:41 AM
    • 10th Feb 18, 6:41 AM
    I did an online claim early last week. Quick and easy.
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee.
    • I am spartacus
    • By I am spartacus 12th Mar 18, 3:01 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    I am spartacus
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:01 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:01 PM
    update - refund now completed, very quick and easy process!
    I am, therefore I think.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

55Posts Today

2,780Users online

Martin's Twitter