Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • britishboy
    • By britishboy 5th Feb 18, 2:36 PM
    • 2,541Posts
    • 300Thanks
    britishboy
    Vax U90-MA-R vacuum not spinning
    • 5th Feb 18, 2:36 PM
    Vax U90-MA-R vacuum not spinning 5th Feb 18 at 2:36 PM
    We have the above vacuum and the brushes in the head do not turn, there is a small 'reset' button on the side which usually does the trick, but it isnt this time? Theres very little in the manual, other than 'press the reset button on the side', other than that, its of no help

Does anyone have any ideas please before we throw it away?
Page 1
    • Ebe Scrooge
    • By Ebe Scrooge 5th Feb 18, 2:46 PM
    • 4,127 Posts
    • 3,569 Thanks
    Ebe Scrooge
    • 5th Feb 18, 2:46 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 2:46 PM
    I don't know that particular model, but the 2 things I would check first, generic to most vacuums :

First, is the brush bar gummed up with hair / cotton / thread etc ? A common problem, and easy to remedy, just pull / cut away the offending rubbish.

Second, has the drive belt either snapped or come adrift from its pulleys ? Not sure if all vacuums have drive belts these days (?), but it's usually pretty easy to check and replace if necessary.
    I may not know much about art, but I know what I like.
    • britishboy
    • By britishboy 9th Feb 18, 8:54 AM
    • 2,541 Posts
    • 300 Thanks
    britishboy
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:54 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:54 AM
    Thank Ebe, wife untangles hair/pet hair every week, in the end spoke to Vax helpline and they resolved it

Mrs had accidentally turned off the spinning head (didnt even know you could)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,189Posts Today

7,920Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin