Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • crabscoot
    • By crabscoot 5th Feb 18, 2:13 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 12Thanks
    crabscoot
    Council PCN - please help and advice
    • 5th Feb 18, 2:13 PM
    Council PCN - please help and advice 5th Feb 18 at 2:13 PM
    Hi all,

First of all, thank you for those who take time to read and post advice. My situation is as below.

I parked in Birmingham council parking. The charges is 1.70/hr. We 'paid' 1.70 and pressed the green almighty button for the ticket. Leave ticket in windscreen and got PCN when we return.

Looking extremely confused, we check the parking ticket which we have paid, it turned out that the machine have only took in 1.50 and issued the ticket for 1 min.

Time printed on ticket:
    Arrival time: 11.41
    Departure time 11.42
    Fee Paid: 1.50

we got ticket at 12.03.

We took a picture of the machine, there are 2 labels on it which state: Check all coins have been registered before pressing for ticket.

http_s://imgur.com/a/HcB0E
    Please remove the '_' to go to the link.

I think there are chances of 'winning' the appeal as it shows we tried to paid, however I did some search and only 30% or so successfully appeal in 2016 for Birmingham Council. What is your advice before I submit the online appeal?

Thanks in advance your reply.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Feb 18, 2:18 PM
    • 36,633 Posts
    • 82,984 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 5th Feb 18, 2:18 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 2:18 PM
    You would be better taking this to our friends on pepipoo.com as they are the council parking experts. We tend to deal mainly with private parking issues here on MSE.

You will need a non-Hotmail email address to register. (Hotmail addresses don't work there for some reason)
    Read the FAQs and then post both sides of your redacted PCN with your query.

Good luck.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,167Posts Today

7,336Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin