Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jb73
    • By Jb73 5th Feb 18, 1:52 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jb73
    Esa query
    • 5th Feb 18, 1:52 PM
    Esa query 5th Feb 18 at 1:52 PM
    I was on esa until last July, I was moved from the support group to the work group even though i contested it. The work group ended after a year.

I have tried doing some work through no choice of money being so tight I gave it a good go but I was unable to do it any longer and it made my health worse.

I was wanting to know if I can apply for esa again, I think i remember reading somewhere you either have to prove your health has worsened or wait a year ?

Thanks.
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 5th Feb 18, 3:17 PM
    • 2,584 Posts
    • 2,557 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 5th Feb 18, 3:17 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 3:17 PM
    I was on esa until last July, I was moved from the support group to the work group even though i contested it. The work group ended after a year.

I have tried doing some work through no choice of money being so tight I gave it a good go but I was unable to do it any longer and it made my health worse.

I was wanting to know if I can apply for esa again, I think i remember reading somewhere you either have to prove your health has worsened or wait a year ?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by Jb73
    I don't beleive in this case that this will apply to you. The reasons why your ESA ended was because you were on Contribution based. This is only paid for 365 days unless you're in the Support Group. I'm guessing that because you didn't claim Income Related then you must have a partner that works?

If this is the case the only way you can go back onto ESA is if you've paid enough National Insurance contributions in the last 2 years. You can check this here. https://www.gov.uk/check-national-insurance-record
    Last edited by poppy12345; 05-02-2018 at 3:53 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,090Posts Today

7,733Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin