Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • supermum4
    • By supermum4 5th Feb 18, 12:41 PM
    • 1,408Posts
    • 1,103Thanks
    supermum4
    0 WOW
    otel.com?
    • 5th Feb 18, 12:41 PM
    0 WOW
    otel.com? 5th Feb 18 at 12:41 PM
    hi has anyone used otel.com and had a happy outcome ? i've just booked my hotel with them then seen all the bad reviews on tripadvisor ;( i've messaged them to say i'm concerned and can they check that my hotel is infact booked but i'm hoping you lovely people will all have had good experiences with them ? fingers crossed
Page 1
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 5th Feb 18, 12:45 PM
    • 2,019 Posts
    • 7,472 Thanks
    Oakdene
    • 5th Feb 18, 12:45 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 12:45 PM
    hi has anyone used otel.com and had a happy outcome ? i've just booked my hotel with them then seen all the bad reviews on tripadvisor ;( i've messaged them to say i'm concerned and can they check that my hotel is infact booked but i'm hoping you lovely people will all have had good experiences with them ? fingers crossed
    Originally posted by supermum4
    Could you not contact the hotel yourself?
    Does dim arian 'da fi, ond breuddwydion 'da fi.

Gwlad yr Iā & Columbia (no Welsh word for Columbia)
    • supermum4
    • By supermum4 5th Feb 18, 1:04 PM
    • 1,408 Posts
    • 1,103 Thanks
    supermum4
    • 5th Feb 18, 1:04 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 1:04 PM
    yes i could but during the booking process it stated that the hotel would not have a confirmation under my name until a few weeks after booking and as i only just booked today ( for june) and really don't want to worry for 2 weeks i was hoping someone on here may have had a good experience with them cheers
    • Westin
    • By Westin 5th Feb 18, 1:52 PM
    • 1,368 Posts
    • 1,017 Thanks
    Westin
    • 5th Feb 18, 1:52 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 1:52 PM
    Was there much of a saving using this unbonded online accommodation reseller based in Turkey?
    • 1trainer1
    • By 1trainer1 5th Feb 18, 3:27 PM
    • 898 Posts
    • 1,752 Thanks
    1trainer1
    • 5th Feb 18, 3:27 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 3:27 PM
    I have used them a few times over the years, they are fine
    Blessed on 18th February at 0814 with little Sarah xxx
    • supermum4
    • By supermum4 5th Feb 18, 6:01 PM
    • 1,408 Posts
    • 1,103 Thanks
    supermum4
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:01 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:01 PM
    Was there much of a saving using this unbonded online accommodation reseller based in Turkey?
    Originally posted by Westin
    they are a member of asta and have offices in the usa aswell as turkey, have you used them?
    • Westin
    • By Westin 5th Feb 18, 6:41 PM
    • 1,368 Posts
    • 1,017 Thanks
    Westin
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:41 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:41 PM
    they are a member of asta and have offices in the usa aswell as turkey, have you used them?
    Originally posted by supermum4
    Not sure how them apparently being a member of an American trade association will help you. Do they offer a bonding scheme or any financial assurance?

No, I have never used them. I like to research in advance who I give my money to on the internet and as you mentioned previously the reviews on TA are not great.
    • supermum4
    • By supermum4 6th Feb 18, 8:08 AM
    • 1,408 Posts
    • 1,103 Thanks
    supermum4
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:08 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:08 AM
    Not sure how them apparently being a member of an American trade association will help you. Do they offer a bonding scheme or any financial assurance?

No, I have never used them. I like to research in advance who I give my money to on the internet and as you mentioned previously the reviews on TA are not great.
    Originally posted by Westin
    thanks for your reply but i asked advice of anyone who had used them and had a good experience, i am aware of the reviews hence me asking for advice from people who have used them before
    • supermum4
    • By supermum4 6th Feb 18, 8:12 AM
    • 1,408 Posts
    • 1,103 Thanks
    supermum4
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:12 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:12 AM
    I have used them a few times over the years, they are fine
    Originally posted by 1trainer1
    thank you hopefully all will be well cheers
    • supermum4
    • By supermum4 15th Mar 18, 3:59 PM
    • 1,408 Posts
    • 1,103 Thanks
    supermum4
    well our hotel has finally got back to me and they have my booking and they say all is well thank goodness thanks everyone
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2Posts Today

4,325Users online

Martin's Twitter