Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Miss S
    • By Miss S 5th Feb 18, 10:32 AM
    • 17Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Miss S
    Driver drove into me, now claiming I rolled back
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:32 AM
    Driver drove into me, now claiming I rolled back 5th Feb 18 at 10:32 AM
    Hi

Just looking for a bit of advice here. Just after New year a car drove into the rear of my car while I was stationary waiting to go onto a roundabout. I drove up to the roundabout and stopped to wait for a space to enter the roundabout and they drove into the back of my car.

We swapped details, I phoned the police at the time and they confirmed they didn't need to attend. He apologised at least 3 times at the scene. I contacted my insurance company once I got home. Now that repairs have been done he is claiming that I rolled back into him, causing personal injury to him and his passenger, which has completely shocked me.

Is there any evidence I can do to show this is not how it happened? I have gone back to the roundabout and taken videos of the approach, you drive down a slight incline to the roundabout and it flattens out at the roundabout itself. I doubt a roll back could even happen. I have photos of the scene which don't show road markings as the photos are taken from the side and back of the cars, but do, i think, show that I was pretty much at the roundabout junction and not rolled back.

I've tried calling the claims handler but have been unable to get hold of here, if anyone has any advice I would be really grateful.
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 6th Feb 18, 8:31 AM
    • 27,223 Posts
    • 10,967 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:31 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:31 AM
    Unless you have video evidence or can prove that you really would have rolled forwards and not backwards at the junction then just leave it to the insurance.

You have provided your statements so its in their hands now.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • Merlin139
    • By Merlin139 6th Feb 18, 8:42 AM
    • 4,844 Posts
    • 19,590 Thanks
    Merlin139
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:42 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 8:42 AM
    Thought it was Groundhog Day! Sure we did this one yesterday!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5788864
    • OnanTheBarbarian
    • By OnanTheBarbarian 6th Feb 18, 11:02 AM
    • 1,387 Posts
    • 842 Thanks
    OnanTheBarbarian
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:02 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 11:02 AM
    Is your vehicle auto or manual gearbox?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

84Posts Today

1,980Users online

Martin's Twitter