Road Traffic Incident and Police Scotland

Options

Comments

• Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    Probably? I would worry if any company didnt have hard records of who was driving their vehicles and when!

It's not uncommon to see posts on pepipoo.com where they don't.
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    Options
    Tammykitty wrote: »

Highway code:

Rule 201

Do not reverse from a side road into a main road. When using a driveway, reverse in and drive out if you can.

And just occasionally common sense takes precedence over the highway code and avoids such stand-offs
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Again, I am not disputing his right to take the photography but that doesn't stop me being concerned. That said there are laws preventing people from doing whatever they like with photographs they have taken. To hammer the point home I am not saying he has done something illegal or intends to do something illegal with the photograph just that I am concerned about his unknown intentions.

He’s probably just banked it for future use.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Interesting, so the consensus from a number of posters is that the correct course of action would be to ignore the highway code and for me to reverse out on to a busy main road rather than the van driver reversing into an empty lane and moving on to the correct side of the road.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Car_54 wrote: »
    It's not uncommon to see posts on pepipoo.com where they don't.

Would that be cases where the person (allegedly) committing the offence has also failed to fill out log books/paperwork?
  • paddycharlie
    Options
    Interesting, so the consensus from a number of posters is that the correct course of action would be to ignore the highway code and for me to reverse out on to a busy main road rather than the van driver reversing into an empty lane and moving on to the correct side of the road.

The consensus is more likely not to waste police time with something so trivial. Even if you were 100% in the right going crying to the police was not necessary
  • Tammykitty
    Tammykitty Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    k3lvc wrote: »
    And just occasionally common sense takes precedence over the highway code and avoids such stand-offs

However, if there is an easy alternative that doesn't break the highway code, then that would be the sensible solution, in the case, the van reverse a few feet, and easily go around the car.
  • Debbie_Savard
    Options
    Och, just banter!
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    Or look before you found yourself in a narrow stretch of road that wasn't clear.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »
    As he was able to get past you when you eventually decided to move a couple of feet then clearly there was nothing stopping you reversing.

OP didn't say that they eventually decided to move a couple of feet. They said:
    Indeed he was able to get passed a stationary vehicle once he had backed up a bit and got on his own side of the lane.

So the OP didn't actually need to move for the van driver to get passed.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport